Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

How far would you go to have a back up or replacement lovie?

DS is in LOVE with little people horses. We had a grey one here and he fell in love with it. Then the daycare got a farm with a dark brown one and some others. The FIRST thing he does when he walks in is go straight to the farm and grab the horse. It's still in his hand at the end of the day when I pick him up. It's gotten to the point where the teachers have told me (laughing) that even the other kids in the daycare call that dark brown horse G's horse and don't play with it. There are other horses so thankfully the others a quite content to play with the other horses.

So for his birthday I got him a farm. No dark brown horse though. A beige one. He was happy enough. He had his grey and his beige horse at home and the brown one at daycare.

Until we lost the grey one somewhere. He still has the beige one so it hasn't been the end of the world but he's sad about the grey one.

I cannot for the life of me find horses for sale without buying the whole farm (the grey one comes in a mini farm that's $20 but the small farm is $50). But I found a lady on CL selling a Large farm, and a Small farm (same as the one he got for his birthday) with tons of animals including THREE horses. A grey and a dark brown and one with yarn as hair. She's willing to sell me both farms for $30. But not willing to sell me just the horses.

Am I crazy for doing this? I think I can take out the horses, maybe put in a couple extra pieces we have that don't get played with and resell the set for $20 or $25.

It's a lot of work... but my kid loves those horses! I'm scared to lose the one we have left!

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Erinjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How far would you go to have a back up or replacement lovie?

I *think* I have a brown horse at home that my kids could care less about. I can't PM on here yet but email me @ erinmeunier@yahoo.com and I will take a pic tonight.
Erinjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinjm View Post
I *think* I have a brown horse at home that my kids could care less about. I can't PM on here yet but email me @ erinmeunier@yahoo.com and I will take a pic tonight.
That's really sweet. I'm in Canada though, it might be expensive to ship it. I looked at a couple individuals on ebay but they wanted $3-$5 per horse plus shipping was another $5-$12. It didn't look worth it to me.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
kanga1622
Registered Users

I have a dark brown horse and two grey horses (and a beige one also I think).

Where in Canada are you from? I have a student driving to Canada on Friday that could mail them within Canada to you if your son would like them. DS has an entire fleet of Little People animals and is not attached to any particular ones. He wouldn't notice if we only had 1 horse as opposed to the 4 he currently has.

You can PM me if you would feel better about giving me basic address info.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

You said he's just sad, but if he was really brokenhearted, I would totally buy the farms.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

I have been searching high and low for this bear! If I actually found it, I would totally buy it so I get it!
Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

DD1's is a rainbow OBV blanket by Takara Baby. Needless to say that would be pretty dang hard to replace. Gosh I hope we never lose it.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum
Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I'd do it. It's only $30. You could always resell the farms without the horses!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I probably wouldn't. Lol. Little ones lose a lot of things as they grow. He will move on, I promise. Sad? Maybe, but he will find a new love, eventually.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinjm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga1622 View Post
I have a dark brown horse and two grey horses (and a beige one also I think).

Where in Canada are you from? I have a student driving to Canada on Friday that could mail them within Canada to you if your son would like them. DS has an entire fleet of Little People animals and is not attached to any particular ones. He wouldn't notice if we only had 1 horse as opposed to the 4 he currently has.

You can PM me if you would feel better about giving me basic address info.
You are both so sweet! I'll email and PM you both. Though I wouldn't need you both to send me the horse(s). I just don't want to ignore that there were two offers. It would be great if they could come from within Canada, if only for the speedier shipping.

Last edited by kaimon; 02-07-2012 at 03:47 PM.
kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote