Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wide awake!

DD is 7 (almost 8) months old. We have gone back and worth between sleeping fairly well to sleeping horribly. She was doing great a week ago then got a cold. Now she is sleep almost worse than she did as a newbie. She goes down easy at first and sleeps for 4ish hours and then it is all downhill. She's up every 1 1/2-2 hours and is so difficult to get back to sleep. She's not fussy, just wide awake. Aaaahhhhh! I'm exhausted! Worked 12 hours yesterday after 3 hours sleep now it's midnight and she's awake, giggling! HELP!

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sounds like an early 9month sleep regression. They're just awake practicing their skills.

Unless you're cosleeping, it's easy to just let her play in her crib. She will fall back asleep. Or tell you when she does need you.

If you are cosleeping... I don't know what to tell you. It'll end whenever she masters whatever skill she's learning.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
RastaBaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
The pp said it, We have been through the early sleep regression and I must say it is getting better now that he is in his 9th month, DH swore that I was loosing it, I was at my wits end!! Somedays it seemed like a brew of sleep regression and cluster feedings lol.

Hang in there mama it does get better!

Last edited by RastaBaby; 02-10-2012 at 02:57 AM.
RastaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks mamas! Letting her lay in her crib works for a bit but eventually ends in her screaming. The hardest is when she wakes but at 3:30, takes an hour to get back down and then it's basically time for me to get ready for work (if I work that day). Working 12 hours at a high stress job (I'm an ER nurse) sucks with only 3-4 hours sleep.