Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #21
liitlefairygarden
Registered Users

Re: Due in January '16!

I introduced in a sepreate thread. sorry

My due date is Jan 6th

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 02:05 AM   #22
brittanyt2012
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey all!
I am due with baby#3 Jan 19th. Found out about this pregnancy after we started our journey to Guam. We are finally settled and we got to see our little peanut on the 7th this month.
This was our surprise baby as I was just told a few months ago that I could not get pregnant on my own without the aid of chlomid again. Ultrasound and bloodwork confirmed pcos so this baby is quite a shock.
I actually started eating for pcos and training for a fitness comp once we arrived on island LOL
Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 AM   #23
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is the first board I've ever been in where it is handled like that and it's very confusing. All the other forums take the old DDCs and move them to playgroups and then open new DDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
They don't clear out the last years DDC threads. We just keep posting and it pushes them down.

If they deleted those threads the other mamas stuff would be done.

Last edited by Spunkify; 07-30-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #24
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyt2012 View Post
Hey all!
I am due with baby#3 Jan 19th. Found out about this pregnancy after we started our journey to Guam. We are finally settled and we got to see our little peanut on the 7th this month.
This was our surprise baby as I was just told a few months ago that I could not get pregnant on my own without the aid of chlomid again. Ultrasound and bloodwork confirmed pcos so this baby is quite a shock.
I actually started eating for pcos and training for a fitness comp once we arrived on island LOL
Welcome and congrats!
I'm here hanging out but everyone else left and started a Facebook page. So there is no one else to chat with.
I'm assuming you guys are military.
I also have pcos and if I eat gluten free I'm symptom free and have no trouble TTC!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #25
brittanyt2012
Registered Users

My Mood:

LOL yes! We are Navy, we were in GA for 10yrs this is our first pcs so a bit nerve racking to say the least. What is the FB group? And yes, that's what I was doing, high protein very very low carbs. Started doing the 21 day fix extreme comp diet and I guess that was my issue all along because I got pregnant almost immediately. So I traded the 6 pack for yoga pants and will start the new year with a new resolution hahaha

Quote:
Welcome and congrats!
I'm here hanging out but everyone else left and started a Facebook page. So there is no one else to chat with.
I also have pcos and if I eat gluten free I'm symptom free and have no trouble TTC!
Old 07-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #26
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyt2012 View Post
LOL yes! We are Navy, we were in GA for 10yrs this is our first pcs so a bit nerve racking to say the least. What is the FB group? And yes, that's what I was doing, high protein very very low carbs. Started doing the 21 day fix extreme comp diet and I guess that was my issue all along because I got pregnant almost immediately. So I traded the 6 pack for yoga pants and will start the new year with a new resolution hahaha
You guys SUBS??!
I don't know what the Facebook group is. I'm not on Facebook. There is a thread somewhere with the info.
I conceived both girls that way. Super fast. Like once my body cleared that stuff out I was working like I was supposed too.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #27
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pop in here every so often, but it is pretty dead here.

Quote:
Welcome and congrats!
Old 07-30-2015, 09:44 AM   #28
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
I pop in here every so often, but it is pretty dead here.
That's because EVERYONE went to Facebook. I'm the only one from January who didn't go to Facebook. So I'm not going to sit here and talk to myself....so dead it stays.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #29
Dancingham
Registered Users

Hi Kushie Tushie. Is your intro post on a separate thread? I don't see it on this one. I'm sorry that we've all seemed to have left the non-facebookers. I'll to my best to keep up with both.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #30
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the message board for documenting purposes...easier to be able to look back and stuff. But, I've been part of two boards now, one that I had been on since I found I was pregnant with K, she's now 6, that closed because the owner had better things to do with her time (understandable) and didn't want to sell it (which no one really understood). So, that makes me really hesitant to post my heart out and track pregnancies and what not on them. I doubt FB is going to go down anytime soon, at least I hope it doesn't, but I've learned to back stuff up (mainly pictures). Plus, there's more privacy over there. Due to my boyfriend's job and our status in our community I don't like sharing a lot of personal information on public boards.

That being said, I also don't like how the DS DDCs are handled, as I've stated numerous times now to you and discussed a few moments ago in reply to someone else's comment on my reply. There shouldn't be information in them that is from previous DDCs. This is the only site that I've ever been on that has handled it that way. All the other boards move the entire DDC to a playgroup and start the new DDC blank and totally new. It sucks when people come into a DDC and see stuff from 2014 in here still toward the top. I'm not the only one that has said something about it in this very DDC. And now I'm told in the other post just a bit ago the reason that's due is so people can search for information...what?!? Isn't the whole point of this DDC to engage and discuss and get to know each other? Why would I be told just to "search" for something instead of being prompted to post and start discussions, that attitude makes no sense. IMO the way the DDC here is handled it makes the DDC look slow and unorganized, again not the only one that has made similar comments in this DDC. That's the main reason why I moved to FB when the other ladies first posted about it. Maybe it's time the admin team of DS overhaul the DDCs to make it more appealing to new members and conducive to NEW posts and not just telling them to search old ones.

Quote:
That's because EVERYONE went to Facebook. I'm the only one from January who didn't go to Facebook. So I'm not going to sit here and talk to myself....so dead it stays.

Last edited by Spunkify; 07-30-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Closed Thread