Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #21
stevensmom's Avatar
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: a little place called Home
Posts: 54,033
My Mood:
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
The problem isn't that. Is that the very first person to intro themselves say "hey, I can make a Facebook page and we can't all go there...."
And everyone is like "yeah!"

They all "meet" here and then take off. Even if they moved the old threads there still is no traffic because no one stays.
Exactly.

And no matter if the threads are moved or not if you don't have traffic (because everyone goes to fb) you still don't have traffic.

Advertisement

__________________
Erica , wife to Ben, momma to Steven11.06 Emily9.10 Matthew 8.13
Forever in my heart, always on my mind (3.09, 5.09, 12.11)
Swag with me! Bing it!
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #22
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NE
Posts: 566
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
The problem isn't that. Is that the very first person to intro themselves say "hey, I can make a Facebook page and we can't all go there...."
And everyone is like "yeah!"

They all "meet" here and then take off. Even if they moved the old threads there still is no traffic because no one stays.
Maybe. Or maybe there are people like me, who only pop into DS occasionally, no matter what. And who are not going to post very many personal details in a forum that is accessible by so many. And who are not ever going to post personal pictures, like baby bumps or ultrasounds on a forum. And who are reluctant to even pop into an forum DDC during the first trimester, because we aren't telling anyone else during the first trimester. For all of those reasons, and more, the DDC is never going to be my primary stop on DS when I am on the forums.

So I am a bit puzzled by the animosity. What you say may be true for some, but it certainly is not true for all. Facebook has no bearing on my activity, or lack thereof, on the DS DDC forum.
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #23
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,975
My Mood:
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEkalmia View Post
Maybe. Or maybe there are people like me, who only pop into DS occasionally, no matter what. And who are not going to post very many personal details in a forum that is accessible by so many. And who are not ever going to post personal pictures, like baby bumps or ultrasounds on a forum. And who are reluctant to even pop into an forum DDC during the first trimester, because we aren't telling anyone else during the first trimester. For all of those reasons, and more, the DDC is never going to be my primary stop on DS when I am on the forums.

So I am a bit puzzled by the animosity. What you say may be true for some, but it certainly is not true for all. Facebook has no bearing on my activity, or lack thereof, on the DS DDC forum.
But if you're not here often then you are not connected to the community. So again, a bunch of woman meet here then move to a platform that they like better.

And there is not animosity. It's all truth.
It's funny how I posted this like 2 months ago and nobody responded. Then today everyone is coming on from Facebook to defend moving to Facebook.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013), K (2016)
Forever missing Jeremiah Asher (our angel lost to Anencephaly at 31 weeks)- November 6th, 2015
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #24
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,676
My Mood:
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
But if you're not here often then you are not connected to the community. So again, a bunch of woman meet here then move to a platform that they like better.

And there is not animosity. It's all truth.
It's funny how I posted this like 2 months ago and nobody responded. Then today everyone is coming on from Facebook to defend moving to Facebook.
I actually wonder how many new moms come in and see that their DDC has moved to FB and just don't choose to participate at all.

I think it's difficult for some to understand not wanting to participate on FB.
__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.

Last edited by Agla; 07-30-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #25
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,975
My Mood:
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I actually wonder how many new moms come in and see that their DDC has moved to FB and just don't choose to participate at all.

I think it's difficult for some to understand not wanting to participate on FB.
Exactly,
New moms get pregnant. Looks for somewhere to chat and then they get here and everyone is leaving to go chat on FB.
I'm sure they are wondering what is going on.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013), K (2016)
Forever missing Jeremiah Asher (our angel lost to Anencephaly at 31 weeks)- November 6th, 2015
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #26
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NE
Posts: 566
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
But if you're not here often then you are not connected to the community. So again, a bunch of woman meet here then move to a platform that they like better.

And there is not animosity. It's all truth.
It's funny how I posted this like 2 months ago and nobody responded. Then today everyone is coming on from Facebook to defend moving to Facebook.
Well, yes, this thread got a lot of activity today, that is why it caught my eye. My reasons for coming had nothing whatsoever to do with Facebook.

And thank you for calling me not a part of the DS community because I do not come here every day. I certainly always try to post relevant and helpful information when I come.
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #27
Spunkify's Avatar
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 2,726
My Mood:
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I actually wonder how many new moms come in and see that their DDC has moved to FB and just don't choose to participate at all.

I think it's difficult for some to understand not wanting to participate on FB.
I was one of the first, if not the first, person in this DDC. I intro'ed which is still being bumped up actually and not really much happened, besides me wading through old posts in the DDC. I wasn't the one that created the DDC on Facebook, actually.

((Jamie: mom to five & expecting Baby W in January 2016! In love with a hero.))
__________________
Jamie: Kinda crunchy, very blessed SAHM to 6!
I love making a home for my man in uniform and my children.
Baby Girl arrived after SROM on 12/29/15!
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:29 PM   #28
Spunkify's Avatar
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 2,726
My Mood:
Re: wow....

I quoted the wrong person. I meant to quote the post that said first person to intro themselves... Post

((Jamie: mom to five & expecting Baby W in January 2016! In love with a hero.))
__________________
Jamie: Kinda crunchy, very blessed SAHM to 6!
I love making a home for my man in uniform and my children.
Baby Girl arrived after SROM on 12/29/15!
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #29
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,975
My Mood:
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEkalmia View Post
Well, yes, this thread got a lot of activity today, that is why it caught my eye. My reasons for coming had nothing whatsoever to do with Facebook.

And thank you for calling me not a part of the DS community because I do not come here every day. I certainly always try to post relevant and helpful information when I come.
I never said you were not part of the community.
I said you're not connected. You are the one who said you weren't post of the community.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013), K (2016)
Forever missing Jeremiah Asher (our angel lost to Anencephaly at 31 weeks)- November 6th, 2015
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:02 PM   #30
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,975
My Mood:
Re: wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
I was one of the first, if not the first, person in this DDC. I intro'ed which is still being bumped up actually and not really much happened, besides me wading through old posts in the DDC. I wasn't the one that created the DDC on Facebook, actually.

((Jamie: mom to five & expecting Baby W in January 2016! In love with a hero.))
I didn't say you were. I said the first person who comes in and mentions FB everyone goes.

And not sure why you are trying to prove me wrong. You keep posting like you're going to get to change my mind. I wrote my opinion and there are plenty of people atoms here who feel the same way.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013), K (2016)
Forever missing Jeremiah Asher (our angel lost to Anencephaly at 31 weeks)- November 6th, 2015
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.