Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

To me it sounds like an ongoing staph infection, which is why out may get a little better with antibiotics. They may need to be a stronger antibiotic.to get rid of it. What does your pedi say they are?

Advertisement

thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Very sad CDing Mom

Has your doctor checked to see if it is Staph? DD had a staph infection that sounds similar to yours, I can't remember if sposies helped, so it may not be. They can swab the area and send it to lab. After we got that treated, it never came back. Just a thought
Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

My son has food allergies and gut issues and once he hit around a year it just got so much worse. He has really bad eczema and his poos seem to burn his bottom more in cloth unfortunately. We are slowly working on it and I am trying to put him back into cloth, but I have zero problems with it if doesn't work. I was a total cloth snob with my first 4 but I totally get it after dealing with this little guy. It was so frustrating before, but I'm at a point that I'll give it a good go, but if it doesn't work his health is more important than my ideals. They are just diapers and it is such a very small part of parenting, no guilt allowed. Do what is best for your baby and family

Eta: I agree with the suggestion to try potty training. I am planning on likely going that route around 20 months if cloth doesn't work out.I might just go ahead and try it either way since I think he would take to it. I have actually caught a few poos on the potty already and he is just almost 18mo. I wish I had realized with my other kids that it really would work that young.

Last edited by FernHollow; 02-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea what you are dealing with but I loved using GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) and distilled water on the bum. You can also use it in a oil. 10-15 drops per oz. It helped us with yeast and rashes in general.

Good Luck! I would at least try the gFlushies. We use them camping. I like that at least there is no plastic that will exist forever.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
5littlesweeties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I going through the same thing with my son right now. The yeast cream actually made it worse I think. Right now he's in sposies but as soon as I can afford to I'm going to try under woollies and flats. I really want to do wool covers and flats but I'm not sure I can swing it right now until I sell some of my other stuff.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
Reagansmama
Registered Users
seller

I had the same issues with my DD1 and thought potty training would take care of it but had to keep her in cloth diapers for naps and bedtime since she PTed at 20 months and even that amount of time kept the rash going. So I put her in sposies and did antibiotics and it went away. But once I tried the cloth diapers just at nap and bedtime it would come back in a few days. It was so frustrating because I was so anti-disposables. In any case what I'm trying to say is I agree with the person who said potty train her (I used Potty Boot Camp and it worked awesome) but realize that you may need to put her in sposies still and that's okay. You gotta do what's best for your LO.
Reagansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I have no idea what you are dealing with but I loved using GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) and distilled water on the bum. You can also use it in a oil. 10-15 drops per oz. It helped us with yeast and rashes in general.

Good Luck! I would at least try the gFlushies. We use them camping. I like that at least there is no plastic that will exist forever.
This. GSE is absolutely amazing. We use it for many maladies, but it seems to work better than ANYTHING else we've ever used on any yeast issues, rashes and thrush! I wish I had known/believed how well it actually works with my older DDs.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have this exact issue but had to take a break from cloth when my ds was a year due to severe eczema. At first I felt guilty but soon when he started doing better I was so relieved and happy with my choice.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #19
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

Didn't read through the whole thread, but if the pimples have a spot in the center it could be molluscum contagiosum. Not sure about the sposies making it better, just wanted to mention that. If you google it you can find more info. My son had it and my friend has two children who've had it. Her daughter was particularly plagued in the diaper area
One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #20
Gita
Registered Users
Formerly: MiamiBaby
seller

My Mood:

I'm an avid cloth diaper fan, and yet my 2yr 9m old is in disposable pullups because she keeps getting a reoccurring infection in the diaper area, which is probably staph I know potty training would also solve the problem, but she's resistant. Point is, you have do what is best for the health of your child, that always comes first.