Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #21
Hphan3
Registered Users

Re: Very sad CDing Mom

I'm so sorry to hear that mama. A CDing mama on FB had a similar problem. Found out that her LO had very acidic poo and pee. I'm not sure if that's the case here but I thought I'd share anyways. Good luck!

Advertisement

Hphan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What type of diapers are you using? I ask this because my youngest son had major issues with the same type of rash you are describing for months. We had tried everything to get rid of it...it always would come back. We finally figured out it was an allergic reaction to the suedecloth in his stay dry pockets. It caused him to get those pimple bumps that would then progress to open sores. We would get him all cleared up in Earths best sposies and then within a few diaper changes in his cloth he would start flaring up all over again. I heard about the suedecloth issues from other mamas on here and decided we needed to try changing to a different diaper that was free of suedecloth. It worked wonders overnight!! He has no more rash issues aside from the occasional poop burn rash if he is teething. Before the change of diapers I had tried everything else to clear him up to no avail...so I do understand your frustration in this.

The diapers we use now are capri inserts inside a cover like flips, diaper safari, and the capri ones... (you can use the cotton side only or use the fleece side for a stay dry effect- my son does not react to the fleece)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Expecting baby #10!! EDD January 2017!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son has this issue. He is 4 but still wears diapers at night. I ran out of disposables and put him in a night time trainer and the next day he had little pimples on his bum. It happens every single time, even in diapers he's never worn before and weren't washed with the others. My daughter wears cloth no problem.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #24
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry that you are having this much trouble. Do what ever is best for your sweet baby and don't feel badly about it. Lots of hugs to you!
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
Jnoel717
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with everyone that GSE really works for my LO. At the first sign of a rash, I washed his diapers with about 50 drops of it in the wash cycle. I also add it to my wipes solution so that he's getting a tiny bit every time I change him. He's been rash free ever since. I wish that it would work on the rest of his skin! That's the only part of him not irritated.
Jnoel717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
electricmayhem72
Registered Users
seller

I really, really appreciate all your replies and it made me feel so much better to hear solutions and possible causes etc. What a great community you are. I'm going to try GSE and a few other things but I think I will focus on TT and hopefully....
electricmayhem72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
Zipfelmuetze
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, I'm new here (still pregnant), but I was reading somewhere that an allergy to fleece or possibly the other materials can occur. 'Would make sense if the issue goes away when using disposables.
Zipfelmuetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #28
AKAWilliams
Registered Users
seller

We had this issue with CD when we tried it and switched back to disposables. I never thought of it being a reaction to the material. We are going to try cloth again now a year later for nighttime and potty training. Caldesene Powder is what cleared up my DD's rash and anytime she gets a bump or two now I can put that on and itll be gone in a day or two. I love it better than any creme and we tried them ALL. My dad is actually the one who suggested the powder, he said he used it on me when i was little. It works for rashes!! We have a few bottles.
AKAWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #29
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had something happen very similar to my DD1 too. It was just one though and not as long. It kept coming and going. I was able to get her potty trained though after maybe a month of struggling with it and it went away right away. She was 23 months and trained easy. I just assumed her pee got too strong and yucky from the food she was eating and she weaned right at that time too.

Last edited by umphreysmommy; 02-03-2013 at 07:53 PM.
umphreysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #30
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like staph (diaper folliculitis) but maybe not if disposables make it go away....