Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Dolphin_Medic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sippy or Bottle for daycare?

DD will start DC in August, which will put her just under 8 months. She takes a bottle relatively well. She's learning to use a sippy right now and seems to enjoy a sippy, if for nothing other than playing with it.

With a bottle, she doesn't feed herself, she just lets you feed her. With a sippy, she is a bit more independent. One of the things that the DCP has stated is that they have most kids feeding themselves their own bottles. The other thing, she puts off the bottle until she's just about starving and only takes it as a consession. My mom takes her from 10a-5 pm and she will usually only take 1-1.5 4 oz bottles

So is it even worth me workin to teach her to feed herself with the bottle or should I just work with sippy cups and send her to DC with EBM in her sippies?

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sippy or Bottle for daycare?

*I* wouldn't bother with the bottle - she should be able to manage a sippy fine by then if you keep working with her now ( especailly if she doesn't "need" to use one now

HTH
Old 06-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
MaeghanAlyson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sippy or Bottle for daycare?

wow thats weird. I know every state is different but here we HAVE to hold the child with the bottle. We can not prop their bottles or sit them in their cribs with bottles. IDk I think it would be better just to push the sippy. I mean at 8 months with a BF baby there is no need to introduce a bottle. Most BF babies take better to sippys anyways. My lactation consultant told me to go ahead and start my 5 month old on a sippy. (Long story short, I had to have surgery, she wouldnt take a bottle and the sippy was the only route) Yeah, I wo9uld just stick with a sippy.
MaeghanAlyson is offline   Reply With Quote