Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #141
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: September Chat

Is that caramel??

Unfortunately I'm not all that tempted right now. My morning sickness has been trying to rear its ugly head the last three days but it's usually afternoon/evening instead of morning.

I do get crazy when I'm overtired. Being worn out can really mess with your emotions.

Does it drive you crazy because you feel like she should go Alga? Or you think she wants to but doesn't? I wasn't interested in that kind of thing growing up, never went to prom or anything, in fact I think I worked through both junior and senior prom (i worked at Sonic). It just wasn't for me.

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #142
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

So, what are y'all up to today? I have dropped the kids off at co-op and picked Andrew up from the airport. He got a really bad sunburn the other day, so I've also doctored him. Now I'm getting ready to go run some errands and pick up the kids for our usual Tuesday evening stuff. Tomorrow is See You at the Pole, so I'll be up bright and early in the cold (85 today, no higher than 65 tomorrow) to help out at the middle school. I've never done this event at the middle school, only at the high school. Not sure yet if both kids are going with me, but Aiden has already said he'd like to go to the high school for it, so I'll drop him off on my way.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #143
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What is see you at the pole?

You never know, you might get a great nurse. This last birth was kinda dramatic but the nurse was with me all day and so so compassionate. And she was advocating for me too. A previous birth's nurse is now a cherished friend.

Little guy started physical therapy today for his neck--the PT is great and has a 14 month old herself so it went very well. And oldest lost teeth in the wrong order in the place they've been watching, which held back the teeth in the correct way and did the job that a cemented retainer would have done, so I don't have to feel guilty about declining it now, no matter what ends up happening with the other teeth, there's nothing I could have done about it, phew.

SIL came, we canned peaches, my brother and his fiancé stopped for a surprise visit (and none of them knocked because my DC run out to greet them before they have a chance. How do you all get visitors who have a chance to knock before the DC announce their arrival?). Went to visit my mom at her campsite (and got kicked off the playground by some group about to start filming nearby) then came home and big ones stayed up to play Farmer Boy for the harvest moon. Dug potatoes and cooked them in a potato-top fire. Forgot to go to the library's big annual booksale during all that, so we went in today to see what was left over (not much). So I'm ready to hole up for a while, but we do have more dr appts this week. Oh but I did get a chance to chop some firewood which I love.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #144
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

See you at the pole is a prayer meeting. It's an annual event that the schools here take part in....well I guess not so much the school as the students who choose to participate, it's usually early morning.

You guys sound busy! We had a pretty plain day today--school, speech therapy, regular household chores, and I sewed a maternity tunic. I need to get supper made because DH and I are mentoring a couple from church tonight. They're about to get married but they are old enough to be our parents which always makes me feel kind of awkward.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote