Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
mamaleon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Starting food & nursing

We started our son on solids at 6months. Since then he has struggled with constipation every now & then. His stools are formed & sometimes too hard. We do give him prune juice. Any suggestions.

Advertisement

mamaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
AnimalCookies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm thinking I'll start solids when DD is closer to 6-7 months of age, but I'm trying to figure out how to start. She loves her boobs right now though.
AnimalCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #13
megaan63
Registered Users

Your body will adjust
megaan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:43 AM   #14
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Both of my successfully breastfed kids I had no issues with keeping my supply up here after solids were introduced. It is the weaning and how full once I am fully nursing.

My thing is getting youngest eventually off nursing as he loves to nurse but as I am the only one home at night so the, "oh daddy you go" won't work. If youngest really wants mommy it doesn't matter how much daddy tries to do something to distract the little guy- that is about the size of our toddler.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:27 AM   #15
Ladyjfel
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering this too.
Ladyjfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #16
Leileimarie
Registered Users
seller

I've been worried about this too and even though I know our bodies are supposed to adjust I get nervous about my supply. ( my son was lip/tongue tied so it took us a lot to keep the BF going) but here we are... 6 months... And it is good to hear others experiences 🏻

Mama of my two loves { 10/24/13 & 5/31/15} and wife to my best friend. "Today is gone, today was fun, tomorrow is another one" ~ Dr. Seuss
Leileimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #17
Mariposa3810
Registered Users

I've started my 5 month old on baby foods (sweet potato and banana mostly) and I heard that starting them off on baby cereals isn't the best way to introduce them to foods because they are tougher on baby's tummy. Any opinions on the matter? He's breastfed exclusively.
Mariposa3810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #18
vanscoy
Registered Users
seller

I'm wondering when I should start introducing them to my little one... He was born 2 months premature so does that mean that I will need to wait til he is 6 months adjusted ( actually 8 months?) I know I will also ask my dr about this but just wondering if other mommas have experience with starting solids with premature babies.
vanscoy is offline   Reply With Quote