Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #41
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New baby name thread!!

I think they are great together!

You know, it doesn't matter what people end up thinking. Eventually your boys will be grown and likely apart. I got sucked into that trap--our first three have OT Biblical names, though it wasn't done intentionally. When #3 was born we had another infant foster baby; we had her 15 months and many times people would ask all their names and then say "oh, they are all Biblical except hers...why is that?" And honestly I think they were politely trying to say "how do you have babies 8 months apart?" because she looked just like my bios. We nearly adopted her. But we didn't want to be announcing that she was a foster child. So when our next bio was born we intentionally went with a non-Biblical name in case we adopted in the future so that child wouldn't be singled out if their name was different.

Advertisement

zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #42
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I love Zeke, El!!! I haven't heard that one IRL. Sooo cute for now and nice for a man's name also.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:46 AM   #43
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like Ezekiel! Does your DH like it?
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #44
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

He suggested it actually. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but I don't dislike it at all,so it stays on the list.

I think our current list is:
Ezekiel
Owen
Graham
Joshua
Toby (well, I'm still pushing this one anyway. DH still hasn't remembered why he doesn't like it, but he remembers it "goes way back" :P )
Mitchell or Marshall

None of those really move me, but I guess a name doesn't have to. Once it becomes a person I k ow we'll love it.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #45
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
He suggested it actually. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but I don't dislike it at all,so it stays on the list.

I think our current list is:
Ezekiel
Owen
Graham
Joshua
Toby (well, I'm still pushing this one anyway. DH still hasn't remembered why he doesn't like it, but he remembers it "goes way back" :P )
Mitchell or Marshall

None of those really move me, but I guess a name doesn't have to. Once it becomes a person I k ow we'll love it.
If it helps I was anti Lincoln when trying to name DS3 and when I *finally* went into labor we still didnt have a name and when he was born Lincoln just clicked when I saw him. I think it had to do with the fact that DH loved the name and DH almost passed out during DS3s delivery so I felt bad so I went with his name but I really couldnt imagine him any other name now.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:20 PM   #46
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

It might not matter to you, but Owen is quite popular. I know I tried to avoid real popular names.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #47
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
It might not matter to you, but Owen is quite popular. I know I tried to avoid real popular names.
This is why I'm dragging my feet on it. It's a family name, so I'd like to use it, but I wish it weren't quite so popular. Maybe we'll use it as a middle name.

Does anyone read reader's digest? I just read in there that in 1947 the hit song Linda inspired 5% of all baby girls born the next year to be named Linda. It said no other baby name has risen to such high popularity so fast. My mom was born in 1950 and I can think offhand of 3 of her friends who are named Linda, and none my age. It is totally a name of the late 40s, early 50s!!!
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #48
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All three boys have family names for middle names. I definitely like that 'style' of using a family name as a middle name.

What about Marshall Owen?
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote