Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
vanscoy
Registered Users
seller

Baby magic bullet or a regular blender ?

My baby is turning four months old soon and I've recently had the idea that I would like to make his baby food. I have no idea any of the specifics like how to make it, what things to buy, recipes, storage, or freezing and dethawing. More specifically right now I'm wondering if I should buy the baby bullet or would a regular blender do the same thing? Also wondering how everyone thaws frozen baby food? Do you use the microwave? Thank you !!

Advertisement

vanscoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Baby magic bullet or a regular blender ?

For which to get it depends on your plans, for small batches of food the baby bullet would be best. For larger batches of food a regular blender would be fine.

Now having said the above, current recommendations is solids at 6 months. Both my boys refused solids until much later. DS1 was around 12 months. Ds2 was about 10 months. But DD was 5 months and very much demanding solids. Her behavior and diapers after I caved and gave solids indicated she was definitely ready for solids that young. So, I do believe it can vary greatly with babies.

My suggestion is to go by your baby's signals and readiness signs. And, I would recommend looking into baby led weaning as a way of starting solids. I didn't follow it exactly. For one, it does no smashed or pureed foods. My older son in particular NEEDED his foods smashed or pureed. Really until around 3 years of age. But both my son's had/have digestive issues. My older son also has issues with his teeth so chewing was difficult for him. His teeth are still sensitive. My daughter did quite well with no pureed foods. While I did puree some for her I quickly discovered she was quite capable of feeding herself chunks early on. So again, different kids different needs. I suggest watching your kiddo to see what his/her needs are. Then decide which way to go.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #3
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd go with a regular food processor.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
vanscoy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for ur input!
vanscoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #5
Favy13
Registered Users

I used a nutrition bullet and then eventually saved enough for a food processor. Both worked great. There are trays with lids for freezing 1 oz portions of baby food with make it easy to prep food for the week and freeze and use. So many cool gadgets that allow for healthy eating. I never used the microwave... just didn't want to process the babies food that way.
Favy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #6
dipebaby
Registered Users

I ditto the regular food processor (I'm not sure if a blender would cut it, though) - this is what I used. And for me, we only really needed the pureed foods for ~3 months (started feeding just before 6 mos and by 9 months, he could eat cut up bites of whatever we were eating). So it seemed to me like a waste to get another kitchen appliance that I would use for such a short period of time.

In terms of thawing, I just always thawed overnight in the fridge what I planned to use the next day. I think the other recommendation is to just put the frozen cubes (if you go with the ice tray method) in a skillet to heat up for a minute or two.
dipebaby is offline   Reply With Quote