Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #11
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rash Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post

a. It's perfectly safe for the PUL to dry on high heat, as PUL was made to withstand high temperatures. The only caution is not to stretch elastic while it's hot as it will relax it. Let your diapers cool before stuffing them.

I have to question this, as I had the PUL on my pocket diapers break down after less than six months. After asking numerous people (on here, and others), a lot of them said to NOT put them in the dryer on high heat. To use the medium heat setting instead.

Maybe some of you haven't had problems with it. I just don't want to risk it with the next ones!

Advertisement

Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #12
Addie'sMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay, I will try this wash routine. Where is the doc about hard water?
Addie'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #13
Addie'sMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeh View Post
I had this issue last week too! What does moisture sensitivity look like, and is it possible to develop 1 year after he was born? My son never had any of these issues! But all of a sudden he had these tiny pin prick looking raised bumps above his private area and below his tummy, and on his inner thighs.

Because of that I just bought a stash of pockets to try out (both suede cloth and micro fleece) to see which one works best! And the ironic thing is that he was sensitive to micro fleece when he was young, so I actually sold off pockets before! My wash routine is similar to the one that's listed above by missydawn so I don't think it's the diapers. Oh, and I also use powdered tide if that helps!

I also sold my stash of pockets! I have 2 left...definitely not enough to use for a day to see if they'd solve the pin prick rash issue.

I wonder if a more breathable cover or wool would help with moisture sensitivity? Although....wool kind of makes me nervous! lol
Old 12-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #14
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

Wool definitely helped to clear up the rash! But it did take the whole weekend. I couldn't use it full time though bc I have a caretaker that doesn't fully understand the concept of wool!

My moms suggestion was just let them wander around naked! I don't have the confidence that I could deal with that though lol!
Jayeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #15
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

If pockets work (I hope to get some this week), I will update this post!
Jayeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #16
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

How wet are the flats when you change her? If the diaper is getting too wet, the wetness will still come through the stay dry layer. I started having this issue around that age and more absorbency, using breathable covers & stay dry liners really helped. I also tried to have some coverless time each day, but that's harder to do during the winter.
There are breathable options beyond wool as well, like Nikky, Niji, and fleece. I think nylon breaths as well, people recommend Dappi nylon pull ons, but I haven't used them.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #17
Addie'sMama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Rash Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Ok, try this wash routine to see if it helps.

~WASHING INSTRUCTIONS~

1. Pre-wash cold or warm to ensure you are not trying to clean in soiled water. Some people use the pre-rinse setting and spin out the water prior to the main wash. Those with hard water should consider using a pre-wash or quick wash with line 1+ of detergent.

2. Heavy Duty wash with full amount of detergent. Because you are using F&C detergent you are going to want to use 1.5 - 2 times the amount in this cycle. Select the wash cycle that will give you the hardest agitation for the longest time.

3. Only use the rinses already in the wash cycle. NO EXTRA RINSES unless the diapers come out of the completed wash cycle feeling slimy or the fabric has suds visibly in it. Please read the doc on Hard Water for clarification.

4. Dry. Dry in the dryer or hang dry.

I followed this wash routine and went back to using tide.....and it seems to have worked (knock on wood)!! She has been in her flats (without stay dry liners, even) all day and there is NO sign of the pin pricks or redness!

Thank you, missydawn!!! I was so close to selling my beloved flats thinking she couldn't handle the moisture!

Last edited by Addie'sMama; 12-12-2014 at 10:08 PM.