Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2018, 06:15 PM   #81
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: It's October!!

No, you don't pick which books. It's just whatever happens to show up.

I went ahead and bought the prefolds. I bought a dozen each of nb, yellow, and brown. Combined with what I got off craigslist, I think that will finish me up! They let you combine the 7% discount code with the 5% for 3+ dozen, so I decided to just go ahead.

We opened the hive which was nerveracking but not as overwhelmingly scary as I was afraid of. Poor bees should have had an extra box added a long time ago, and they are pretty much bursting at the seams, trying to build comb below frames, on the lid, etc. The good news is it's almost full, but I'm worried we'll need to feed them a lot this winter because right now the population is huge, and I don't think they've had enough room to do everything they need.

PA160058 by jen_batten, on Flickr
((Yes I'm very aware these don't fit but they still work!))

PA170059 by jen_batten, on Flickr
Wax we picked off and will probably make chapstick with. We already cleared out the bees and debris.

The massage wasn't as bad as I thought, but I don't think I would actually pay to go get one either.

I was fortunate with nursing, I think I only had thrush once, and I had a lot of issues with clogged ducts with Keegan. No real major issues though, other than lack of supply with Addilyn. Hoping that won't be a repeat since things are not as stressful now.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:09 AM   #82
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

I would love to have bees Jen. Has it been difficult/expensive start up? We have an acre in town, pretty heavily wooded and have TONS of bees already in the summer. I let our yard kind if go natural wild as we love the animals hehe. And we have the 40acres as well, but there are many bears out there that I worry would harass the poor bees.

I totally had a dream about your fitteds last night.... Yep, they are that epic hehe.

Non stress test for me today, then OB appointment then in office ultrasound.

Vi needs to get caught up on school or I will have to flip to mean mommy mode. I hate that. She has every positive incentive in place and natural consequence, but sometimes she needs an additional motivating factor ugh.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #83
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope she gets herself in gear with the schoolwork.

I agree, those fitteds are gorgeous! Wonderful you have that skill. And patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
On the nursing topic. I hurt forever when I nurse. They shouldnít tell people it only hurts when baby is latched incorrectly itís just not true!
AMEN.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #84
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like you're already pretty knowledgable about the bees. Have you made chapstick before? It's nice that you got some wax right away, a little motivation right in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
That sounds like thrush. Go to Kelly Mom. Genetian Violet is effective but there are easier ways recommended now. Don't put lanolin or coconut oil on it. They won't help anything.
Where on Kellymom? All I see are GV, GSE, and prescription stuff like APNO and fluconozale. All I found were the same old articles that were there 6 years ago, plus some saying they don't recommend oregano oil. What's the new recommendation? What did you find is easiest for you?
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #85
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

It wasn't expensive for us, Shebby, but that's only because I have a homeschooling friend that was moving and she gave them to us. We had already been learning about them, reading books and watching videos online, and were planning to start in the spring, she just gave us an amazing jumpstart! In general though, they are kind of expensive to get into, but not hard.

I have made chapstick once but it's been ages. I used to make some stuff like that and essential oil stuff probably 6ish years ago. Then we moved and I got rid of it all.

Thank you for the diaper compliments, I'm pretty happy with them. Thankfully this particular pattern doesn't take tons of patience as it's the faster diaper pattern I've ever seen (rainy days fitted). I am not known for my patience, lol.

The weather was/is great here today so we did the very basics of school, packed a picnic, and went to the zoo. It was awesome--so pretty out and almost no one else there.

PA170073 by jen_batten, on Flickr

Anyone know what's going on with MamaLama or her account or whatever? I haven't seen her on the board and I know Alga said they were working on an issue with her account?
Old 10-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #86
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Hi girls!

We also did the zoo today. We went first thing this morning and it was empty. So fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #87
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the zoo pics!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #88
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh gosh Kelly, your kids are getting so big!! Cute pictures!
Old 10-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #89
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Oh gosh Kelly, your kids are getting so big!! Cute pictures!

They grow way to fast! My Morgan is 2, I just canít believe it!

Iím super Happy with Romans Pic. Iím going to print it for DH since heís wearing an Alabama jacket.

I tried to get my 6 yr old Cynthiaís pic but she always gets tense when doing pics. She likes them done, but tryís way to hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #90
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
That sounds like thrush. Go to Kelly Mom. Genetian Violet is effective but there are easier ways recommended now. Don't put lanolin or coconut oil on it. They won't help anything.

Air dry as much as possible. Bleach your bra pads and bras. Bleach towels, diapers.

I have had thrush at least 100 times. Not once have white patches shown up inside baby's mouth.
Ahhhh. You are the experienced one! I called my doctor first thing this morning and she called in a prescription for fluconazole and said to call the pediatrician to that baby or else we'll just pass it back and forth. Called the pediatrician, and SHE said there's no evidence that it passes back and forth necessarily (maybe that's why it can be only on one side?). So the pediatrician called in some sort of oral drops for baby but said not to bother using them unless he actually shows signs of thrush. So idk who to believe. But, YOU GUYS, I took 2 pills this morning and it feels SOOOO much better already. It's not perfect yet - it still hurts, but not make-me-want-to-scream-and-cry hurt, and hardly any burning between feedings now. I'm amazed.

So...last night I pumped a couple of times and gave him a bottle to save me some agony but I got super nervous about nipple confusion giving a bottle this early. But do I toss any extra milk from yesterday? Or is it ok to freeze?

I'm jealous of all you zoo goers. We haven't been in a super long time. We used to have a membership but we let it run out and I think we'll reinstate it again next spring. It's super expensive here to go without a membership.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote