Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Comfy nursing clothes

Does anyone have any favorite nursing clothes to recommend? I'm thinkingainly for bed or lounging around hospital/house. With DS1, I had some snap down camis, but it was blazing hot summer. This will be verging on fall (late Sept, early October). I also tried some button-down PJs and don't really want to mess with buttons in the night again. I know at some point I got to just wearing t-shirts and lifting them, but I don't know if I can do that right away. What do you ladies wear?

Advertisement

Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Comfy nursing clothes

I love Bravado nursing tanks. I can't wear them in the summer because they are thick and I burn up in them. I love them for cooler weather.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wear a regular bra, an under tank, and a regular shirt. I lift the shirt and pop my breast out of the top of my bra and tank.

I sleep topless since we cosleep, it's just easier
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
I wear a regular bra, an under tank, and a regular shirt. I lift the shirt and pop my breast out of the top of my bra and tank.

I sleep topless since we cosleep, it's just easier
I don't know if it's the same with every baby (probably not) but I leaked a lot with my first. I don't want to sleep topless for that reason. Layering sounds smart, though, especially for the first few days when parents/in-laws/siblings will be stopping in. I'll experiment with that.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #5
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I love Bravado nursing tanks. I can't wear them in the summer because they are thick and I burn up in them. I love them for cooler weather.
These look nice! Are they snug around a puffy post partum belly? In the pics they look a bit looser...which I would like. My belly shape is less than attractive.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #6
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've read that a hoodie is great for postpartum/nursing...you can just zip down as needed. Haven't tried that though. I just do a t-shirt and lounge pants or pj pants or scrubs for the first while generally. Do you have good nursing pads? I've always used Lansinoh but I got some Mother-ease reusable ones this time and they are AMAZING, I leaked so much less and smelled so much better I have the bamboo and the stay-dry and I prefer the stay dry. They are pricey but I got mine new on ebay for much less.

And I started wearing regular t-back bras after my first nursing bras wore out--the shape is so much better and they unsnap in the front so they work great for nursing, plus they're cheaper. I use these, though probably a good sleep nursing bra would be best right at first because these are underwire.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:05 AM   #7
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just throw a cardigan or zip up hoodie over the camis you liked last time. If you know the tanks were comfy for you I would stick with them.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:48 AM   #8
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
These look nice! Are they snug around a puffy post partum belly? In the pics they look a bit looser...which I would like. My belly shape is less than attractive.

They are supportive but not skin tight. Their shape is designed to prevent clinging. I have thrown mine in the dryer over and over so mine are tighter than when new, but I love the bra in them so very much. And I don't wear them out of the house without a cardigan over them, anyway.

When I first got them, I hung them to dry. I still have the ones from a few babies ago. They still look and work phenomenally. You wouldn't necessarily have to hang them, but definitely use low heat. And I had to try a couple sizes to find my perfect fit. Amazon usually has free returns on them, so just experiment with size.

I am very large up top and there's no way I could use anything except a real nursing top.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #9
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Just throw a cardigan or zip up hoodie over the camis you liked last time. If you know the tanks were comfy for you I would stick with them.
Yeah, this is a good point. I can just wear sweatshirts over what I have.

I also have a gift card for Macy's and I think they carry some nursing stuff, so I might go look at that.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #10
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
I've read that a hoodie is great for postpartum/nursing...you can just zip down as needed. Haven't tried that though. I just do a t-shirt and lounge pants or pj pants or scrubs for the first while generally. Do you have good nursing pads? I've always used Lansinoh but I got some Mother-ease reusable ones this time and they are AMAZING, I leaked so much less and smelled so much better I have the bamboo and the stay-dry and I prefer the stay dry. They are pricey but I got mine new on ebay for much less.

And I started wearing regular t-back bras after my first nursing bras wore out--the shape is so much better and they unsnap in the front so they work great for nursing, plus they're cheaper. I use these, though probably a good sleep nursing bra would be best right at first because these are underwire.
I have stay dry nursing pads from Nicki's. I liked them pretty well and they weren't that expensive. I also want to get a haakaa this time and catch the let down - that is most of my leaks, and then use the pads the rest of the time. My neighbor has a haakaa and she loves it, so I'll give it a try.

I've heard a lot of people say they don't like nursing bras, but I haven't gotten there yet. Can you do the front hook of your bras with one hand? That's what i liked about the clip-down nursing bras. I do have some decent sleep bras, though. With DS I had to quit wearing a bra at night for a while and just change my wet shirt when I woke up to feed DS because I was having yeast problems between my breasts. It was always damp and gross. I'm hoping the cooler fall weather will help with that.