Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #61
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Feb 18 - Feb 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
He has money. He got $150 from taxes, and then complained so much that it wasnt enough that i gave him my $150 too. He also got $10 week before we moved, but right now its just too crazy for me to do anything so i just told him "no cc" so he is spending about $40 a week :/ (mostly lunches though, he has been too busy in processing that he doesn't know if he'll have fridge/micro access). My rule though is only one gaming system, so that was my stipulation to giving him my half. If he wanted the Xbox, he needed to sell the ps3. He used to be great (would only play an hour or two, would top if I asked, etc), but lately he will play for hours on end every day, sometimes won't even go to sleep, gets very angry with them, and curses and yells. Then, if i can get him off, hell just go to the computer! grrr. I won't allow a second gaming system, and I wish the one we own would get damaged by the moving company. If I didn't need the computer, I'd wish tat thing dead too!

We get a utilities allowance, which we can keep if we do not use it all, unlike the housing money. We'll still be pocketing at least half of it, which will be our travel and extra snowball money. We are going to live off the regular income as much as we can, then his cola and extra utilities money will be the extra money. I just feel so weird about knowing we'll end up paying more since its bigger, kwim?
You obviously don't beat him enough

Sorry. That was bad. It was a joke.

Advertisement

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #62
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
He has money. He got $150 from taxes, and then complained so much that it wasnt enough that i gave him my $150 too. He also got $10 week before we moved, but right now its just too crazy for me to do anything so i just told him "no cc" so he is spending about $40 a week :/ (mostly lunches though, he has been too busy in processing that he doesn't know if he'll have fridge/micro access). My rule though is only one gaming system, so that was my stipulation to giving him my half. If he wanted the Xbox, he needed to sell the ps3. He used to be great (would only play an hour or two, would top if I asked, etc), but lately he will play for hours on end every day, sometimes won't even go to sleep, gets very angry with them, and curses and yells. Then, if i can get him off, hell just go to the computer! grrr. I won't allow a second gaming system, and I wish the one we own would get damaged by the moving company. If I didn't need the computer, I'd wish tat thing dead too!

We get a utilities allowance, which we can keep if we do not use it all, unlike the housing money. We'll still be pocketing at least half of it, which will be our travel and extra snowball money. We are going to live off the regular income as much as we can, then his cola and extra utilities money will be the extra money. I just feel so weird about knowing we'll end up paying more since its bigger, kwim?
grrr....you really do need a rollin' pin and yeah, i know what you mean...but i might go for the bigger house if it was going to make the move a little more pleasant and if it was doable in the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post

i've contemplated keeping a rollin' pin by the check book just in case
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #63
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post

So it's wrong that I laughed then?
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #64
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP

Bahahaha
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #65
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
I forgot to ask.......is there a prepaid phone that the minutes dont expire on? We are going to replace the land line with a prepaid "Batphone" and since it wont get used except for emergencies and maybe the wireless security system, I dont want to have to constantly reload minutes that we wont use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I've been wondering that too. We don't have a house phone. And there's been a few times lately it would have been nice. Like when I left my cell at work and dh was working late and I had no way to find out why he was so much later than expected. Or when I lost my phone when I was sick. Or when we have a babysitter and one of us has to leave a phone behind but we are going different directions.
What we ended up doing was getting texting app on DD1's ipod, so she gets a few minutes of VOIP phone time each day, plus she can text us or the grandparents anytime. Either DH, DD or I are home and therefore at least one way to communicate. We tried the go phone, but I was annoyed at paying $15 a month on minutes that we threw away b/c most of the time we didn't need them.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #66
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:

For the cell phone that the minute don't expire i just leave the tablet signed into my skype account and have a balance on there for calling out when we have babysitters.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #67
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thought I would post an update.

I've been failing! I have been spending money like crazy and I"m trying to get it under control. We bought a new stove at Christmas, shortly after the BBQ broke and we replaced it, we finally bought the kids dressers, I bought DH a nice anniversary gift (very expensive boots he's been looking at forever), a couple sweater lots of yarn... ugh.

On the plus side, after hitting almost rock bottom in our relationship we are starting to working on some goals together financially. I still have no debt and DH is working hard to pay off his debt. We are also looking at moving. Our house has been a really sore spot in our relationship and doesn't suite our needs very well. We have decided we want at least 25% down so we need to do some saving. The houses we like are all in about the 400k range so we will probably be saving for a few years. We have a fair bit of equity in our current house and some in savings but not enough. I have started a saving account specifically for the new house that is separate from the EF.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #68
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
I would sooooooooo get the big house!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #69
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
I would sooooooooo get the big house!!
That doesn't buy much here. Probably wouldn't even get much of a yard for that. Lots alone start at $250k.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #70
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would get the big house.

Seriously...I dream of to day we have 3 more rooms. We have a three bedroom right now...but ods and dd share at the moment and it terrible. Plus...I need an office! Tis house was big when it was just dh,ods and I...now i need space!

Nothing new here...paid the ticket, $152. Tomorrow I am going to the bank to get a $210 money order and sending it with signature required. , then Monday I need to go to the bank across town to see about the money order we sent last month they said they did not get. Also have to come up with $250 for the dogs spaying. Oh yeah...tomorrow I also need to change the title over to our names and register the car...this is going to be an expensive 2 days...

On the money in front...we have about 1338 right now that is not earmarked for food/household.

Mortgage - 855
Electric - 250 (this is going by last month...hoping it is cheaper this month)
Dogs - 250
Car - 100 (estimate for amount we will need for title and plates)
Ticket - 152
Money order - 215 (again, upped a but to account for the mailing it)

Leaves me about $500 short. I upped my ebay listings, so that will help. I still have money coming in for 3 more Mary Kay orders (one of those was around $125 too). March is also a 3 payday month. Hopefully my dad will file my taxes soon so I can see what that will be.

Still waiting to hear about the lady's car...her agent called yesterday but left the wrong number.