Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #141
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Feb 18 - Feb 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
How many kids do you have in dipes? If its just 1, its actually cheaper to just use sposies than spend $60 a month. I spent (dd just potty trained - yay!) $ 22 per month on walmart diapers for 1 child. Size 4....one ginormous box and one jumbo pack per month. Amounts to about 5 changes per day in the size 4 dipes.
I only buy 7th Gen or G-diapers and I won't go in walmart LOL I'm not being high and mighty about walmart... that place just scares me. It is like all of the city slum show up in one meeting place.

Quote:
A different 5pt harness would be cheaper than a new car. We had 3 5pt harness seats across a 2001 vw jetta back seat for longer than I care to remember, lol!
I thought about that too. DD is really unhappy in a 5pt harness, but I am trying to convince her that she wants a Radian just like DS and I can return her new booster seat (which she loves because it is pink).

Advertisement

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #142
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Just wondering if it would be cheaper to rent a large passenger van, vs gas and wear n tear on two cars, plus the stress of that undertaking? Tho I could see a benefit to two cars once you get there.....one of your teens or dh could run out to get dinner or go to walmart real quick or something.
AAA or military discounts an option?
I hate our Van!! it's a 2006 town and country and you would think we could fit 3 big kids and 2 carseats but only the bucket seats and one spot in the back has the clip thing for the carseats and the one in the back is actually in the middle of the longbench (there's a long and short) so you can't actually put one big kid on each side or two on either side. One seatbelt is actually not accesable with the ff graco carseat. If i put both car seats in the bucket seats no one can get in and then all three big kids are squeezing in the back. With three really tall kids that's horrible. I dont understand why they didn't put two latches in the back bench seat.

Our van has 150,000 on it and we have put over $4000 in it in the last year. I understand dh's want to buy new because of that.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #143
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post

I hate our Van!! it's a 2006 town and country and you would think we could fit 3 big kids and 2 carseats but only the bucket seats and one spot in the back has the clip thing for the carseats and the one in the back is actually in the middle of the longbench (there's a long and short) so you can't actually put one big kid on each side or two on either side. One seatbelt is actually not accesable with the ff graco carseat. If i put both car seats in the bucket seats no one can get in and then all three big kids are squeezing in the back. With three really tall kids that's horrible. I dont understand why they didn't put two latches in the back bench seat.

Our van has 150,000 on it and we have put over $4000 in it in the last year. I understand dh's want to buy new because of that.
You can't just use seatbelts and locking clips (if necessary) instead of the LATCH ?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #144
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1583 View Post
You can't just use seatbelts and locking clips (if necessary) instead of the LATCH ?
We tried that but they didn't seem to work as well and it made me nervous. Plus that would only work for the ff one not the rf one because that doesn't actually fit back there because it's so big. it's a graco 70 and it pushed against the seat. this van is just crap. I have always loved Town and countrys and my sisters van fits both of her car seats back there (and a third on in the bucket seat) but her's is a 2010 and mine is a 2006 plain jane model that i swear is the worst van ever.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #145
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC
Can you watch a child in your home?
I would love to. However, I have five kids, ages 8 (homeschooled), 4, 3, 2 in a couple weeks, and 2.5 months. Nobody thinks I can handle their child(ren) along with mine.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #146
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes View Post

I would love to. However, I have five kids, ages 8 (homeschooled), 4, 3, 2 in a couple weeks, and 2.5 months. Nobody thinks I can handle their child(ren) along with mine.
I hate that. I have 3 and have offered for a few moms who have childcare issues and they have all chosen daycare maybe I really do appear crazy
Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #147
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For the carseat situation, have you tried a radian rear facing? They are tall, but I love how narrow the seats are. We got 3 of them when we had our 3rd baby, to avoid needing a new car also. She is still rf in it at 15 months. It would be cheaper to replace all your carseats with narrower versions than buying a new car.

Last edited by Heather1583; 02-26-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Heather1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #148
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post

My MIL's is a 2006 as well. With the right car seats I can get three across. But they have to all be seatbelt installs, latch doesn't work when trying to do three across.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #149
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post

My MIL's is a 2006 as well. With the right car seats I can get three across. But they have to all be seatbelt installs, latch doesn't work when trying to do three across.
I am going to try and order latch systems. I hope that still makes, then safe.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #150
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post

I am going to try and order latch systems. I hope that still makes, then safe.