Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #11
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 1 or 2 bathrooms?

That small a space? I would skip it. Especially as ypu have access to another bathroom if needed. We have 2 1/2 baths. Honestly, I would happily ditch 1 1/2 in exchange for more storage room. While an extra bathroom is nice we functioned just fine with only 1 full bath growing up. We were a family with anywhere between 9-11 in the house at any given time.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #12
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbammu View Post
That's an issue too... a half-bath would eat up space that's already small.

Well then I think since you have a community bathroom, you will be good with the one bathroom, then. And since it's all ladies in your household, it's not like someone couldn't run in if the need was urgent while someone was showering, or something of that nature.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #13
AngelikaUnicorn
Registered Users

For resale value alone I would say do the half bath.
AngelikaUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #14
abh5e8
Registered Users

200 sq ft will be a good size addition to 520. A half bath with a pocket door and small pedestal sink would hardly take any space. I think it would be really nice to have a sink on the second floor, for a drink if water if to water plants or brush teeth. What else are you putting up there besides a bedroom? I would lean towards including a small half bathroom.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #15
Styanky
Registered Users

I'd add another small bathroom but it's really personal preference what you prefer. Maybe you can do something like put the plumbing into closet so there's an option of putting in bathroom later or for resale.
Styanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:13 AM   #16
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

I have decided not to add another bathroom. It would just be a room for 2 or 3 children.

What swayed me was my neighbor next door who owns an upper unit condo with an extra bedroom. He lives in the attic (with his preteen kids visiting half time), and he rents out the other two rooms, one to a single lady and another to a single dad who has his child half time. They all share one bathroom and when I talked to them they had no complaints. Just use the community bathroom, they said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbammu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #17
nanamamma
Registered Users

It would make selling your home a lot easier. And we always appreciate having an extra bathroom when someone is sick.
nanamamma is offline   Reply With Quote