Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Third baby, starting over

Iím expecting my third in July, and the only diapers left in my stash are toddler flats, wet bags, and probably some MEOS my sister is returning to me.

For my first two I did flats and covers, fitteds and wool (the only solution for nights), and some AIOs. Did not have a good experience with pockets. I really enjoyed folding flats and taking care of wool and also did laundry pretty frequently...I donít think I want to do that this time.

This time around with a partner and more kids, Iím thinking of simplifying and going with all AIOs. Iím going to look for used and ask family members who want to get gifts to get cloth diapers. Itís been some years now since Iíve used any AIOs, what brands would you recommend? How many diapers to get? I would assume washing every other day or so.

Advertisement

bbammu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Third baby, starting over

I would choose Blueberry Simplex. The sized ones. They have newborn, medium and larges. They wash the best of all the AIOs I have tried.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I'm really liking the bumgenius e3 but I do NOT like the e2 or whatever they are called. I also haven't used mine long enough to know how they hold up, etc. I know edgewear is a big worry with a lot of people. On other forums, people are super into smartbottoms aios. I've bought a few used, and am not feeling the love. I just don't get the huge cult following - they tend to leak for me. Frequently. Maybe because all mine are second hand? I do love my blueberry simplex as well, but to me, those flaps are the same as stuffing pockets pretty much. I guess I like the bg better just because there is no stuffing or folding at all.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I agree with Elchoritto. I don't get the cult following of SmartBottoms. The diapers are great, I never had leaks with them after mine were fully prepped. But I sold them because in the back, the PUL comes way far down onto the booty. Which is strange and didn't seem comfortable.

I also love the E3 Elementals. They hold a flood. They are trim when you have a toddler. AND they fit tiny babies also. The only thing I don't like is that if I don't snap them perfectly, I sometimes get a gap in the waist in front. It doesn't affect function, it just bugs me.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #5
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I agree with Elchoritto. I don't get the cult following of SmartBottoms. The diapers are great, I never had leaks with them after mine were fully prepped. But I sold them because in the back, the PUL comes way far down onto the booty. Which is strange and didn't seem comfortable.

I also love the E3 Elementals. They hold a flood. They are trim when you have a toddler. AND they fit tiny babies also. The only thing I don't like is that if I don't snap them perfectly, I sometimes get a gap in the waist in front. It doesn't affect function, it just bugs me.
Yess!! The back of smartbottoms seems so odd to me. The whole diaper really seems like a lot of pul against skin which I don't love. Also the soakers are a little narrow for my tastes, but that probably doesn't matter. I did like their newborn aios.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

What didn't you like about pockets? The reason may effect what AIO work for you in less it was just the stuffing.

I'd also recommend not buying a full stash (especially up to toddler) of AIO before LO is born. You might get a month or 2 into it and decide that you really are okay with flats again
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers FFS

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-18-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #7
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
What didn't you like about pockets? The reason may effect what AIO work for you in less it was just the stuffing.

I'd also recommend not buying a full stash (especially up to toddler) of AIO before LO is born. You might get a month or 2 into it and decide that you really are okay with flats again

I had Charlie Bananas (secondhand) and they leaked every time we used them. I couldnít figure it out and just gave them up.

I had good experiences with blueberry Simplex, I had a few in sized ones that I liked. Theyíre so pricey new though, so Iím planning to start to looking around for used ones.

Also good point about not buying a full stash... my second one did not fit well into OS diapers, she was so small. That made flats work better for us. I have a partner that would be diapering this time and I doubt he would want to fold....
bbammu is online now   Reply With Quote