Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Moms of three...

How crazy is it? What is the adjustment like from two to three?
What is the dynamic like with 3? My kids play well together and I worry a third will change that.

My kiddos are almost 3 and 5. I was all set to go get on BC and was researching the copper coil and hubs said don't do it. It surprised me bc I thought he was "done". I had asked him to go get a V and he kept saying no. Well finally he tells me he doesn't want to "shelve" the idea of having a third. I have major hesitation even considering a third....Sounds lame but morning sickness is actually a factor in my mind. I puked multiple times a day everyday from week 6-20 with both. They were definitely worth it lol but it was SO hard when I was IN it. If that makes sense. OTOH I worry I will regret not having a third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of three...

I'm currently pg with my 4th but the three I have right now still play well together. They go in cycles of who plays best with who. Right now my 7 year old dd and 3 year old ds play really well together and met 5 year old ds prefers to play by himself. The boys play together too though, they have adjoining rooms and love to have "sleepovers" together. Honestly for me it was easier going from 2-3 than 1-2. It was a bit overwhelming at times but mine were 3, 1 and newborn and all still in diapers at once. Now things run pretty smoothly.

I totally hear you on the morning sickness, I was really sick with my second and third but thankfully medication kept me from puking too much. This baby has been the worse, I have Hyperemesis Gravidarium (I'm probably spelling it wrong) and have been hospitalized for dehydration and miserable even with medication. Honestly I had wanted more but after going through this I just can't do it again. I think its God's way of helping me be ok with four especially since dh only wants 4.

I've always heard that you never regret the children you have, only the ones you don't!
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #3
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

I might be in the minority, adding kids to the bunch has never seemed "hard" or chaotic to me. When dh and I married we each brougght a child into the mix, so instantly we went from 1 kid to 2 kids (we didnt live together before marraige). It really wasnt that difficult, and thr kids got along like kids do, not perfectly, but with normal arguements. Almost a year later the 3rd was born. They all still get along, as much as can be expected when the 5 & almost 8yo have a young toddler trying to get into their things and do what theyre doing all the time.
The 4th is due in august. Im not concerned about them all getting along. Siblings in our house must live peacefully and show common courtesy/respect to each other. We expect them to, no ifs/ands/buts about it. Now that never garuntees that they will be "close" as adults or teens, but nothing can garuntee that.
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Wil your hubby be around to help you?

My oldest was wanting to go & do things/ activities but having our third was challenging. Im alone most of the time with the kids so oldest activities were limited & so I felt bad. My girls were my bad pregnancies yet they are like 6 years differdifferent they play well together. My son was a breeze other than he was bigger & so later on things got hard movement wise for me.

My 3 have times of peace & others where it is chaos!

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Wil your hubby be around to help you?

My oldest was wanting to go & do things/ activities but having our third was challenging. Im alone most of the time with the kids so oldest activities were limited & so I felt bad. My girls were my bad pregnancies yet they are like 6 years differdifferent they play well together. My son was a breeze other than he was bigger & so later on things got hard movement wise for me.

My 3 have times of peace & others where it is chaos!

Oh yes- Nothing bad to say about him lol. He cleans, does laundry, babywears (less so now that DD is almost 3), can do bedtime all alone if needed, can somewhat grocery shop, plays with the kids, etc. I just hadn't really thought the third was on the table and now he has planted a seed in my brain. I guess I am just not sure we are ready NOW but I think if we don't, will I regret it later and it may be "too late".

Do you all like how your children are spaced?

Old 01-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavieau View Post
I totally hear you on the morning sickness, I was really sick with my second and third but thankfully medication kept me from puking

I've always heard that you never regret the children you have, only the ones you don't!

That quote is very true. My DD was a bit of a surprise and she is the biggest blessing. She is so loving and funny.

Can I ask what med you are on? I am allergic to phenegran and took zofran . It helped but had it's cons.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:54 PM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post

Oh yes- Nothing bad to say about him lol. He cleans, does laundry, babywears (less so now that DD is almost 3), can do bedtime all alone if needed, can somewhat grocery shop, plays with the kids, etc. I just hadn't really thought the third was on the table and now he has planted a seed in my brain. I guess I am just not sure we are ready NOW but I think if we don't, will I regret it later and it may be "too late".

Do you all like how your children are spaced?

I Kinda wish my oldest and Second werent so far apart but then I might feel more prone to want another... I Kinda do want more... a boy at least so son wouldn't be out numbered by the girls. I Kinda wanted a big family as I'm from a small one.

But we are having some issues so I don't want another in this time frame. I am adopted so there is that too and that I would like to support. I can't do it alone like I have been either!

Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
Old 01-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #8
MommyTephanie
Registered Users
seller

I second the PP who said that going from 1-2 was much harder than going from 2-3. I think the reason was that my oldest (my only DD) was used to being with only me and dada so it was a huge adjustment for her to have to share. Each of my children are 2.5 yrs apart so my DD was a toddler when her brother was born so she was still kinda needy herself and he obviously took up much more of my time. Then, when my third was born (another DS) the middle one was 2.5 and my DD was 5 so they had each other to play with and she can help him with little things. So, that's my story which is obviously way different than yours but 2-3 was NBD for us.
MommyTephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post

I Kinda wish my oldest and Second werent so far apart but then I might feel more prone to want another... I Kinda do want more... a boy at least so son wouldn't be out numbered by the girls. I Kinda wanted a big family as I'm from a small one.

But we are having some issues so I don't want another in this time frame. I am adopted so there is that too and that I would like to support. I can't do it alone like I have been either!

Ithink i would have had different kids though more evenly spaced then the ones I have. So I wouldn't change that as my Second knew how to nurse from start. That is what I struggled with on first. Second helPed with the last on that which I was struggling with several months in the start and later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTephanie View Post
I second the PP who said that going from 1-2 was much harder than going from 2-3. I think the reason was that my oldest (my only DD) was used to being with only me and dada so it was a huge adjustment for her to have to share. Each of my children are 2.5 yrs apart so my DD was a toddler when her brother was born so she was still kinda needy herself and he obviously took up much more of my time. Then, when my third was born (another DS) the middle one was 2.5 and my DD was 5 so they had each other to play with and she can help him with little things. So, that's my story which is obviously way different than yours but 2-3 was NBD for us.

I think 2 to three was harder as I'm the only one most of the time and I have 2 arms and Hands... they don't work the same either. So like dinnertime was bad as it was hard to make some food and carry a kid even when babywearing.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #10
Kap7270
Registered Users

Interested to see this discussion since our #3 will be here soon
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote