Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #11
trudibeth77
Registered Users
seller

Re: Moms of three...

I'm interested too. #3 is due in early March for us- and he was definitely a "surprise"! Going from 1 to 2 was tough, for sure, but most people tell me going from 2 to 3 is not so hard. Plus my older two are quite a bit older (9 and 7), so I think they'll be helpful. On the other hand, they are both involved in lots of activities and we are constantly running in different directions, so I'm afraid the new little peanut will feel neglected. Thankfully he'll get to be home with me during the day while the older two are in school.

Advertisement

trudibeth77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:26 AM   #12
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Moms of three...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
How crazy is it? What is the adjustment like from two to three?
What is the dynamic like with 3? My kids play well together and I worry a third will change that.

My kiddos are almost 3 and 5. I was all set to go get on BC and was researching the copper coil and hubs said don't do it. It surprised me bc I thought he was "done". I had asked him to go get a V and he kept saying no. Well finally he tells me he doesn't want to "shelve" the idea of having a third. I have major hesitation even considering a third....Sounds lame but morning sickness is actually a factor in my mind. I puked multiple times a day everyday from week 6-20 with both. They were definitely worth it lol but it was SO hard when I was IN it. If that makes sense. OTOH I worry I will regret not having a third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually feeling similar! My two boys (4 and 2.5) are so close, best friends. And I worry a 3rd boy (I'm assuming) will rattle their friendship. Or the third will be a mamas boy more than my 2nd and my 2nd will be uber jealous.. And I'm worried about the "middle child" antics. But if our 3rd is a girl, I'm not as worried. They will ADORE her. With that said, I'm pregnant now. And like you, I dreaded and worried about morning sickness. With both of my boys I was miserable and vomited 15-20 times a day. It was BAD! This time, I vomit maybe 1 every other day, if that. It's crazy how I was so worried and I prayed that I wouldn't be sick, and here I am.. Not as sick, able to survive lol. And DH has been amazing this time with helping. DH wanted #3 and talked me into it.

Were due in August, my boys will be 5 and 3. I'm scared but we trust His plan.

We're not finding out the gender. I don't want to worry lol. And other reasons too. But once we have the baby, we will thrive/survive and go on. We will coexist because we're a family!

Hugs to you!!

Last edited by AFWIFE87; 01-18-2015 at 07:35 AM.
AFWIFE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudibeth77 View Post
I'm interested too. #3 is due in early March for us- and he was definitely a "surprise"! Going from 1 to 2 was tough, for sure, but most people tell me going from 2 to 3 is not so hard. Plus my older two are quite a bit older (9 and 7), so I think they'll be helpful. On the other hand, they are both involved in lots of activities and we are constantly running in different directions, so I'm afraid the new little peanut will feel neglected. Thankfully he'll get to be home with me during the day while the older two are in school.
Both of my younger 2 love my oldest. Littles here love in nice weather the going to watch sissy & being included. It has help on ages as sometimes oldest can get her sis to get bundled to go to milk & cookies at the library & I have youngest. Helped too to have oldest as my younger ones walked early like oldest did & things like that.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #14
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

I had hyperemesis with my first two kids. It was horrible, so I understand your hesitancy! I was sick the whole pregnancy and lost weight the whole time. I actually delivered them weighing less than I did when I got pregnant.

People were astounded when they found out I wanted a third. I kept saying the pregnancy was the shortest part of having a child and it was worth it to me.

Ironically, I never threw up again for the next 4 pregnancies. I was nauseous for the first trimester with the 3rd, but not sick enough to throw up. The 4th I wasn't even nauseous; I felt great the whole time. The 5th and 6th, I had some food aversions, but mostly would only get mildly nauseous if I let myself get too hungry. I don't know what changed or why I never got sick like that again, but I'm grateful.

I would have regretted stopping at 2. My 3rd is such a sweet, gentle spirit. She loves the same hobbies I do and she was my first NOT to have ADHD, so she's been a breeze to parent! I'm so glad we had her.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #15
Katie180
Registered Users
seller

1 to 2 was hard but they are 21 months apart. 2 to 3 was easy. #2 was 4 at the time. We are just about to have #4 and #3 is 4 years old. #1 and 2 are the closest but they all play together quite often. The whole reason we are having # 4 is because even though #3 was a surprise she is such an awesome addition to our family that we decided to add one more. We are done after this one though. I don't think I can physically do another one
Katie180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #16
littlegmama
Registered Users
seller

I only have 2 kids now but I grew up as the youngest of 3. My sisters were 5 and 3 when I was born.

Honestly, I think it all depends on the individual personality of the kids. My middle sis and I fought like crazy and the oldest pretty much ignored us as we got older. But if our spacing were different or if my middle sis was born 1st or last, I don't think it would have mattered. She just liked to cause trouble.

In the end, everyone is always happy with how things turn out, so I wouldn't worry if I were you!
littlegmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #17
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Going from 2 to 3 was a tough transition, but not because I had the baby.

DH was working towards his 2nd bachelors degree, so he was attending classes + working 8 hours a day, so he was gone 10-11 hours every day, then he came home and immediately went to his office to do homework for his classes. I was COMPLETELY on my own with the 3 kids all day, every day without any help at all (we have no family nearby, either.) Ironically, I'd asked him not to take classes that semester or if he did, to choose helping me over getting an A. I lost. That was a tough, tough year for my marriage.

To compound the problem, my older 2 were undiagnosed ADHD at that time. They were incredibly challenging to parent, then add a baby on top. It was tough to do all alone. However, I got through it and I felt it was worth it.

Things got better. The kids got older, they got the ADHD diagnosis, so I finally understood why they were so difficult to parent and learned skills to deal with them. DH graduated, he got older, too, and more family focused, so when the 4th came along, he was unbelievably tuned in and helpful.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages

Last edited by Southernbelle; 01-18-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #18
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved all these responses! Thank you for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #19
Dorothy V
Registered Users

For me, the adjustment from 2-3 was INFINITELY easier than from 1-2!
Dorothy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #20
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

It wasn't too crazy for me since my kids were 5/6 and 8/9 when my youngest was born. My kids are now turning 12 on 8/11, turned 9 the end of May and turning 4 on 11/4. We are actually ttc #4. The older kids were super helpful when youngest was little and still are. I think it was more of a adjustment going from 1-2 since they were close and my oldest wasn't potty trained when #2 was born so had two in diapers.
, InstaGC
1Q
DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote