Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Gender swaying?

Hey mamas! My dh has finally agreed to let me have baby #7. Not right away because I want to lose some weight so I am thinking around July to start TTC. Now here's why I am posting. We have 2 teenage daughters then 4 boys. We will be happy no matter what but we would be thrilled to have a little girl. We tried with #6 and it didn't work. So I am looking at getting more serious. Timing before didn't work at 3 days before O so I know it won't again since hubby is a little older already. He has agreed to take some vitamins to help boost production and I am looking at what to do for myself to try and plan for a little girl. This will be our final baby as it will make 7 c-sections for me. So help me please!

Advertisement

http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:29 AM   #2
raworu
Registered Users

Re: Gender swaying?

In "Do Chocolate Lovers Have Sweeter Babies?" by Jena Pincott, there was a link between women eating lower calorie diets having girls and women eating higher calorie diets having boys. In the book, "alpha females" were also more likely to have sons, likely because they had slightly higher testosterone levels; women whose husbands had high incomes had more sons too -- not that you should have your husband quit his job or anything!
raworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #3
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raworu View Post
In "Do Chocolate Lovers Have Sweeter Babies?" by Jena Pincott, there was a link between women eating lower calorie diets having girls and women eating higher calorie diets having boys. In the book, "alpha females" were also more likely to have sons, likely because they had slightly higher testosterone levels; women whose husbands had high incomes had more sons too -- not that you should have your husband quit his job or anything!
LOL, the higher incomes thing is funny.
Well I am working on losing some weight beforehand so maybe that will work in my favor!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

So excited to see you will be trying for number 7 we had number 7 and our last in January
Old 05-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
So excited to see you will be trying for number 7 we had number 7 and our last in January
No way! You had a little boy! OMG! My 2 year old's birthday is Jan 16.
So exciting! We really should stay better in touch!
Old 05-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #6
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes finally my dh said this was our last no matter what it was. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack when they said it was a boy. Even when I had him he had to look for himself to make sure they didn't make a mistake Needless to say our whole family loves him so excited for you
Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 PM   #7
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
Yes finally my dh said this was our last no matter what it was. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack when they said it was a boy. Even when I had him he had to look for himself to make sure they didn't make a mistake Needless to say our whole family loves him so excited for you
Aw, that's so sweet! This will be our last for sure. I have promised dh that much because it will be 7 c-sections.
Did you try for a boy or was it just a miracle
Old 05-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #8
Triciaj1
Registered Users
seller

7 csections? You are a brave brave momma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Triciaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #9
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by american_mommy View Post
Aw, that's so sweet! This will be our last for sure. I have promised dh that much because it will be 7 c-sections.
Did you try for a boy or was it just a miracle
Purely miracle, I tried gender swaying a couple times with my other children but my cycles are SO irregular it was pretty much an impossibility for me. Dh is the only b on with 5 sisters too so that deck was stacked against us as well. Are you taking steps to make sure it's your last one or just bc? I ended up getting a tubal which was extremely emotional for me when I did it, but am coming to terms with it now. It's not even that I want more necessarily but just the thought that I don't have the option was hard. Dh was gonna have the v instead but insurance wise it just ended up being better for me to do it. Anyways I am really trying to just continue to enjoy all of my children that we have now since it always goes so fast and am also reorganizing my house as well so that has been keeping me occupied as well
Old 06-29-2015, 08:51 PM   #10
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Um, well, my sister-in-law has seven boys and I'm pretty sure she tried everything to get a girl. Might as well not get your hopes up and just see what you get blessed with!
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote