Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2015, 08:43 AM   #1
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Not likely but help me look (pics)

I placed this thread here because DH had a vasectomy 3 years ago (and was cleared) so we were not TTC.

Last month I had a really strange period. It came 6 days early and lasted 9 days. Now my app says I'm 9 days late. I freaked my DH out enough about this that he brought me a test last night and I took it. I figured if I was 9 days late, it would be a bright convincing line (or not) and then we could breathe easy or whatever we had to do. I've gotten positives early before when we were actually TTC. But because of that freak period, I'm not exactly sure if I am really that late or what. I dug it out of the trash this morning! I told DH I'm not convinced until AF shows even though he thinks we are in the clear based on this test. Anyway, here is the test. Like I said, we weren't trying but I've spent years squinting at tests on this site so I think now I'm just seeing things ha. On the counter photos are the ones I took this morning after I dug it out of the trash. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Not likely but help me look (pics)

First response has been giving off really weird lines lately, but I think it's negative.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You should test with MORNING Pee.

I see nothing in the ones from last night but I apparently am a horrible squinter. I see a faint line in the others BUT that could be an evap if it's 8 hours later.

I'd retest tomorrow with Morning pee. People have been "cleared" and *whoopsy* a baby happens years later.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
hilaryisinked
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yeah I knew I should have used morning pee but last night all I was thinking was "if I'm 9 days late it'll show no matter what!" Silly me. Should have waited. The line is very there and very pink this morning but yeah, could definitely be an evap! I ordered a bunch of cheapies on Amazon (I figured I can use them on those occasions where I'm a day late and nervous) but even with Prime they won't be here until Monday! So now we wait even longer. I do have OPKs (DH bought me a pack of those thinking they were pregnancy ha) but not sure I want to take those as a substitute and trust it (although I know it is possible to do that).
Old 10-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh goodness, I would have to know! I'd be running to the store. I can see a line, but it doesn't look pink on my kindle.

I know this wasn't planned...but would it be a happy accident, or a oh-my-gosh-what-will-we-do?!?! type accident if it is a BFP?
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Yeah I knew I should have used morning pee but last night all I was thinking was "if I'm 9 days late it'll show no matter what!" Silly me. Should have waited. The line is very there and very pink this morning but yeah, could definitely be an evap! I ordered a bunch of cheapies on Amazon (I figured I can use them on those occasions where I'm a day late and nervous) but even with Prime they won't be here until Monday! So now we wait even longer. I do have OPKs (DH bought me a pack of those thinking they were pregnancy ha) but not sure I want to take those as a substitute and trust it (although I know it is possible to do that).
I sometimes get faint lines on those near AF... I would NOT trust an OPK! It will just freak you out because you'll be squinting at a real line! I rarely get zero line but occasionally I do on an OPK. (Because it's a hormone that is constantly in your system. )

Here a person did OPKs for a few days... None is a "Positive" OPK but you see the faint lines that appear.
http://www.themommyplaybook.com/foru....php?p=1939560

Old 10-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #7
hilaryisinked
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Um so the OPK is blatantly positive. But maybe I just missed my period completely and now I'm ovulating? I don't know. That's never happened but then last month I had that whacky one.

I'm shaking.

I think my DH would be devastated. I have lately been thinking it would be nice to have another but never thought it was actually a possibility (apart from the freak post vasectomy babies). I wasn't hoping or anything. I don't know how I would feel to be honest.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #8
hilaryisinked
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Ok thanks! I won't freak myself out about the OPK then!
Old 10-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #9
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Um so the OPK is blatantly positive. But maybe I just missed my period completely and now I'm ovulating? I don't know. That's never happened but then last month I had that whacky one.

I'm shaking.

I think my DH would be devastated. I have lately been thinking it would be nice to have another but never thought it was actually a possibility (apart from the freak post vasectomy babies). I wasn't hoping or anything. I don't know how I would feel to be honest.
I would not trust the OPK!

I would go buy another pg test. You might want to set up an appt for your DH with a urologist... He's gonna want to get his boys checked after all this. He might have a few escaping swimmers.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #10
hilaryisinked
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Not likely but help me look (pics)

Ok. My DH is off today so I'm asking him to either go get me one or for us to stop on the way out and I will run in and pee on one in target.