Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #1
sewmany
Registered Users
seller

Trouble TTC 4th Baby?

DH and I are going on 9 months of TTC baby #4. TTC has always been easy for us in the sense of getting pregnant quickly. I've been pg 7 times. (Mc x4) out of 7, 5 were conceived in the 1st month, 1 in the 2nd month and 1 in the 3rd month. I'll be 34 this year. We did get pg in October but ended in a chemical. Do you think I should talk to a dr? I know they say a year but seeing as falling pregnant has never been problem before and now it is and I'm getting older that they would see me sooner? I'm starting to get worried that we won't be able to have another. I am thankful for our 3 daughters but it's always been our plan to have 4 and our family doesn't feel complete.

Advertisement

http://www.facebook.com/thelittlegreenbird
sewmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
shanisep
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trouble TTC 4th Baby?

Hi!
I'm sorry you're going through this. Trying to conceive can be emotionally challenging!! In my opinion, you should see a doc and ask for blood testing and here's why. I was in a somewhat similar situation and we found my problem through blood testing. My hubby and I have 5 healthy kiddos. We have NEVER had trouble getting pregnant. Always conceived on the first or second try. I did have 1 miscarriage between my twins and the next kiddo, but still got pregnant 1 month after the miscarriage and carried to term. Last year we decided to add number 6 to complete our family. Like you, we felt like someone was missing from our bunch. We got pregnant on the first try but I sadly miscarried on Mother's day last year at 9 weeks. We decided to start trying again right away. It took 4 months to get pregnant again (not usual for us) and I miscarried again at 5 weeks. We tried again and got pregnant again 3 months later. I miscarried yet a again at 4 weeks. I really felt like something was wrong. We had never had problems having a baby! My midwife said it was just bad luck but I insisted on blood testing. After ALOT of tests we finally found out that my body was starting to become insulin resistant. I will also be 34 this year. This insulin resistance was affecting the quality of eggs my ovaries were releasing because there are insulin receptors on your ovaries. I was only slightly insulin resistant but it was causing BIG problems. My midwife put me on metformin to fix the problem and told me to wait 2 months and try again. Hubby and I had an oops moment only 1 month later which resulted in the little lady I'm carrying now. We're 17 weeks pregnant Praise the Lord everything is going as it should. I'm so glad I insisted on being tested!
I'm not sure if you have the same problem I have. I'm only sharing my story to make you aware that problems can crop up as we get into our 30's. I also hope my story gives you hope
shanisep is offline   Reply With Quote