Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #11
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:
Re: Ugh..

Will your DS still nurse? If so then try to get him to at least nurse. Eat some oatmeal and drink lots and lots of water.

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ugh..

No ds wont nurse.. he never really has due to oral motor issues. I tried EPing until he was about 2 months and my milk dried up, so he was ffd and when DD was born (he was 11 mo) I started giving him EBM again.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #13
alalsip
Registered Users

Re: Ugh.. Thrush, GV, & a nursing strike

I would just pump. I went through a strike with my dd at 4 months from a virus. It was no fun. You will make it through. I stopped giving her her paci and the bottle. I gave her ebm in a cup. Not sucking on anything worked like a charm! When you pump, have a bottle of water right there and drink that until you feel let down. That is the only way I can pump effectively. Hope that helps.
alalsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #14
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we've had about 3 yeast/thrush infections and i feel your pain mama!!. this has been working for me. i thought i would share the link. big hugs to you too.
http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/yeast.shtml
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #15
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does pumping hurt more then nursing? When i had thrush, nursing was excruciating but pumping hurt even worse. If it does, then I suggest just.. not giving a bottle, make it so either she nurses, purple or not, or doesn't eat. Bubs won't starve themselves, and eventually she'll get hungry enough to go back to nursing.
naivete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #16
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivete View Post
Does pumping hurt more then nursing? When i had thrush, nursing was excruciating but pumping hurt even worse. If it does, then I suggest just.. not giving a bottle, make it so either she nurses, purple or not, or doesn't eat. Bubs won't starve themselves, and eventually she'll get hungry enough to go back to nursing.
Yep, pumping definitely hurts way worse. And Welcome to DS! I'm assuming the same Naivete from GM

Fortunately a nice long shower last night helped to drasticly reduce the purple, and now she's been nursing today, YAY! Im stil sore, but not as bad.. I think the GV actually relly is helping.. hopefully one application is all it takes.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #17
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you probably need 3 days of tx--I di when we went through-oh an it helps to put vaseline or the like on cheeks ect-where ever you want to avoid purple and wear black during tx--hope you feel better soon
Old 01-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #18
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mhm the same Ello!

Is there a period where she doesn't nurse as often? Like if she goes longer periods during the night time, you could put it on during the night and then wash it off as best you can in the morning. Or now that you've done the GV to take care of most if it, maybe switching now to nystatin to make sure it doesn't come back?
naivete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivete View Post
Mhm the same Ello!

Is there a period where she doesn't nurse as often? Like if she goes longer periods during the night time, you could put it on during the night and then wash it off as best you can in the morning. Or now that you've done the GV to take care of most if it, maybe switching now to nystatin to make sure it doesn't come back?
Yea, shes cut bck on night nursing.. so thats a great idea! If I think I need another treatment, Ill do it after she goes to bed, and shower before she gets up. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #20
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh hey- I sent your nipples today hope that helps a little!! Also- you can do 15-20 drops of grapefruit seed extract instead of GV to treat thrush- there's no color to it It tastes AWFUL but it HAS to be diluted. You swab baby's mouth and your nips just like with GV but you have to use it every time they nurse.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote