Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #271
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey -Winter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegud View Post
We currently live in the UK, we're moving back to Seattle due to a family illness. When we moved here we left all our furniture behind and bought new (Ikea). We will leave most of it again this time, but we still have all of our 'stuff' - dishes, toys, books, etc. which cost us several thousand dollars to move over. We had planned to stay here for 2 more years, hence bringing everything, but stuff happens! I have a quote from the moving company we moved over with, but I have a guy coming from another company tomorrow to give us a quote. I'm hoping we can get a lower rate, but we'll still have plane tickets for 3 people (4 if baby arrives before the move) and a cat, which is pricey.
I would suggest selling a much as you can. Let each child bring a few "special" toys & sell the rest. It would be cheaper to replace than ship. Unless the "books" are special... sell them. You can get a new library as time goes on. Clothes... Ship only those in good repair, fit currently (maybe a few next size up for kiddos).. etc. If you ship clothing ... Do not use movers. Box it up & send to a relative. (The only people with more than 10 changes of clothes ... should be a working professional. Otherwise... Sell it! ) Things like Computers... Store all the data on cards.. Sell them.

$10,000 to move stuff... Nope. You can replace for less! The bonus is you can sell things NOW & then you will have $$ to replace the things when you get here.

Seattle has a goodwill Outlet. You can buy things like clothing, housewares by the pound.

Can you stay with family for a month or two or three while you settle in? If you are staying with family ... No worries about needing housewares right away.

It's not a fresh start if you are strapped with debt at the beginning of it.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #272
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Is this the current debt thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #273
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope, feel free to join us here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1626282 I'll bump that for you too.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote