Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
bmdepas
Registered Users
seller

Ummm.... bidet?

So I feel super awkward about this, but... if people can unashamedly discuss family cloth, I can discuss a bidet, right....?

Anyways, I can't stomach the idea of family cloth but we are spending a TON of money each month on toilet paper. Has anyone used the kind of bidet you attach to your toilet seat before? Not a diaper sprayer type.

My worry is that the water will... uh... spray from the nozzle and then run back down onto the nozzle, so that the next person that uses it gets sprayed with contaminated water. I'm looking to save on toilet paper costs without having to do more poopy laundry.

I realize this is a slightly strange conversation, but can anyone help me?

Advertisement

bmdepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ummm.... bidet?

Pressure is such that I believe you don't have to worry about contaminating the inside of the sprayer. But yes the outside of the sprayer is nasty. And you have to have a large enough bottom to keep the water from spraying out of the toilet (a problem if the kids want to use it). However, due to the volume of water left on the skin, you'd still use quite a bit of toilet paper trying to get everywhere wiped and dry. Family cloth after using the bidet works really well, and the wipes are much less goopy than they would have been without spraying (still need a dirty wetbag though, of course). Hope that helps.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lol! Of course you can discuss that here! I don't have any personal experience but I've often wondered how you don't end up with water everywhere. And like pp mentioned you'd need to dry.

Personally we use family cloth for pee and (disposable) wet wipes for poop.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
bmdepas
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
Pressure is such that I believe you don't have to worry about contaminating the inside of the sprayer. But yes the outside of the sprayer is nasty. And you have to have a large enough bottom to keep the water from spraying out of the toilet (a problem if the kids want to use it). However, due to the volume of water left on the skin, you'd still use quite a bit of toilet paper trying to get everywhere wiped and dry. Family cloth after using the bidet works really well, and the wipes are much less goopy than they would have been without spraying (still need a dirty wetbag though, of course). Hope that helps.
That does help, thank you! I think I could handle family cloth style wipes used after a bidet. They theoretically wouldn't be any yuckier than regular underwear, right? And I can wash underwear, obviously. Shouldn't be any problem washing them with regular laundry, then...?

I don't know how I feel about the outside of the sprayer being nasty. I know you don't touch it, but doesn't the water it sprays on the next person have particles of poo and germs and stuff in it that was stuck onto the sprayer from the last person's "runoff"? Eeek!
Old 05-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
bmdepas
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Lol! Of course you can discuss that here! I don't have any personal experience but I've often wondered how you don't end up with water everywhere. And like pp mentioned you'd need to dry.

Personally we use family cloth for pee and (disposable) wet wipes for poop.
Good point about water everywhere, particularly with a curious little one in the house. I'd be afraid he'd turn it on all the time! If we do this, I'll have to brainstorm about ways to babyproof!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
SharedTheJourney
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not looked at bidet prices, but I would assume that could be cheaper (thriftier) than a bidet between full baths is to take to keeping a small plastic pitcher handy after either #1, #2, or both. Probably more hygienic and more child proof too. Use this pitcher to pour some water to wetdown, then lather while still sitting on regular toilet, leaning forward or backward depending on area worked on. This seems to me that it would probably work better than those plastic bottles they give women at hospitals that they use while using a regular toilet seat anyway. Wipe any water spills on floor or seat afterwards. Little ones cannot get into any of the specific bidet issues mentioned above. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by SharedTheJourney; 05-01-2017 at 05:36 PM.
SharedTheJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
bmdepas
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedTheJourney View Post
Not looked at bidet prices, but I would assume that could be cheaper (thriftier) than a bidet between full baths is to take to keeping a small plastic pitcher handy after either #1, #2, or both. Probably more hygienic and more child proof too. Use this pitcher to pour some water to wetdown, then lather while still sitting on regular toilet, leaning forward or backward depending on area worked on. This seems to me that it would probably work better than those plastic bottles they give women at hospitals that they use while using a regular toilet seat anyway. Wipe any water spills on floor or seat afterwards. Little ones cannot get into any of the specific bidet issues mentioned above. Just a suggestion.
Thanks. That's a good suggestion, but I'm not sure I could get hubs on board.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #8
EnlistedinHisArmy
Registered Users

I had never heard of buying one of these things. I look them up on amazon and they ha e awesome reviews and are in expensive! I'm almost convinced to buy one people love them so much.
I can not imagine dh getting in on this tho.
EnlistedinHisArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 PM   #9
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This doesn't really add much to the conversation. . . but the other day I saw an episode off house hunters where this house had a bidet n every bathroom and there were like 5 bathrooms!! The husband was so excited. Lol

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote