Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2016, 12:48 AM   #11
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: I was given the boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro_mom View Post
I can never remember my password to log on my Kroger app when I'm at the store. I hate their digital coupon savings. I wish they'd just reduce the price of the item without making me jump through stupid hoops. And never succeeded in getting anything free from Kroger.
Ugh - I agree with this. Today I drove the wrong card, so my Kroger card wasn't on my keyring and I was about to be ticked about paying inflated prices, but no big deal - the cashier scanned her Kroger card for me. It's so ridiculous! Just lower all the prices and let it go at that

Advertisement

Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:45 AM   #12
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use the Kroger app. Always logged in that way. I also have my phone number connected with my account so I just use that at the register. Mostly the Free Friday download is candy or cookies so I just download that. In past I have received free pork roasts, eggs, peanut butter, carrots, and milk. All at varying times of course. But periodically they send out paper coupons based on your purchase history. This means coupons for things I buy regularly. Often with one or two free items. No other purchase necessary. Generally peanut butter, eggs, or baby carrots.

Anyway, having 20 accounts could garner you 20 free items every Friday. Apparently this coming Friday is salad dressing. Last Friday was cookies.

The poster that finally set me off said her goal was to get 20 bottles free as her kids love it. One poster wanted to know how you would go about getting more than one since you are limited to one. It was then explained how it was done. I had enough and posted my own separate post. Not in that thread. Rather separately. I saw two responses to my post before being booted out. One calling for a crooked mod. The other agreeing with my post.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:57 AM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aside from my difficulty finding allergen friendly coupons this was a strong deterrent. I think people get all caught up in the excitement of getting a deal as I see otherwise honest people pulling such stunts. My daughter and I listened as we were 'educated' on how to make the most of our coupons. I later asked my daughter how she felt. She said it had made her uncomfortable. Like it was being dishonest. We chose not to participate.

Anyway, I have learned to navigate Kroger coupons. I do those. Sometimes, like today, I buy something I need and get a surprise when a previously loaded, just in case, coupon pops up on the register.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:51 AM   #14
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have never been good at using coupons. Every time I try it seems like I can get the item at aldi or the off brand cheaper so I just gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:12 AM   #15
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

People abusing the system is why they change policies to make it difficult to even use coupons successfully.

Abusing coupons is stealing and they know that. If they wanted to they could do what other couponers do and trade fairly acquired coupons.

I don't coupon anymore. I'd go to get an item and the shelves would be clear. With Aldi's and our super market sales we do fine. If I see a coupon for something I know we already use then I will use that.

If you have a smart phone you can store all your discount cards on the Keyring app.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #16
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use kroger coupons and cartwheel (target) and occasionally will print a coupon if it's for something we already buy. Kroger has been putting out coupons for their products and have even had coupons for produce and meat which is nice.

The right way to get the most savings at target is that they allow you to stack savings. You can use a manufacture coupon, target coupon, and cartwheel all on the same 1 item. Corporation actually encourages this because it gets people to come into the store.
andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #17
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andunc02 View Post
I use kroger coupons and cartwheel (target) and occasionally will print a coupon if it's for something we already buy. Kroger has been putting out coupons for their products and have even had coupons for produce and meat which is nice.

The right way to get the most savings at target is that they allow you to stack savings. You can use a manufacture coupon, target coupon, and cartwheel all on the same 1 item. Corporation actually encourages this because it gets people to come into the store.
I don't see anything wrong with stacking coupons as allowed by the store. None around here do unfortunately.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:36 AM   #18
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I don't see anything wrong with stacking coupons as allowed by the store. None around here do unfortunately.
Target is the only one around here that I know of. I mostly became aware of how much you could stack at target when I worked there.

It always annoyed me seeing people not following store or coupon policy and then arguing with the cashier. If it's a computer error most of the time there's a way to overide. But arguing over a quarter is just annoying especially when your trying to pull a fast one.
andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #19
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andunc02 View Post

Wish we could stack coupons. I am told Dollar General does with certain coupons.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #20
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
People abusing the system is why they change policies to make it difficult to even use coupons successfully.

Abusing coupons is stealing and they know that. If they wanted to they could do what other couponers do and trade fairly acquired coupons.

I don't coupon anymore. I'd go to get an item and the shelves would be clear. With Aldi's and our super market sales we do fine. If I see a coupon for something I know we already use then I will use that.

If you have a smart phone you can store all your discount cards on the Keyring app.
Cleared shelves was extremely frustrating! Hated coming across that first day of the sale. Found out our local extreme couponers will wait outside CVS before opening of the first day of an ad. I have other things I need doing. I can't be doing that. Nor am I going to be fighting for things.