Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2016, 09:24 AM   #21
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko

Cleared shelves was extremely frustrating! Hated coming across that first day of the sale. Found out our local extreme couponers will wait outside CVS before opening of the first day of an ad. I have other things I need doing. I can't be doing that. Nor am I going to be fighting for things.
Fighting for things that will sit on your shelf and most likely expire before you get to it since you have 20 of them

Advertisement

BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #22
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was given the boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Fighting for things that will sit on your shelf and most likely expire before you get to it since you have 20 of them
So true.

I don't want to fight for any products. I just want to go in, get my stuff and go.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:14 AM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I know. and not just 20 of something. I mentioned to a cashier how crazy it was to stock up on 50+ tube of toothpaste and detergent. Offended the person behind me. She said she does that. Has a shed to hold her excess. To me, that is just crazy! I love sales and deals as much as anyone. But why get stuff you don't need? Years worth of stuff you don't need?
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #24
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I know. and not just 20 of something. I mentioned to a cashier how crazy it was to stock up on 50+ tube of toothpaste and detergent. Offended the person behind me. She said she does that. Has a shed to hold her excess. To me, that is just crazy! I love sales and deals as much as anyone. But why get stuff you don't need? Years worth of stuff you don't need?

So I wonder if they struggle to pay normal living expenses? Like, sorry, we can't pay the light bill this month but don't worry! We have 175 cases of tampons!
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #25
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's an addiction. Being able to score that much at such a good price. And then brag about it to others. It's a hoarders mentality. Very sad.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #26
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I would love to get all my toothpaste free. Even having an extra tube or two on hand would be great, I could totally understand that. But I don't understand beyond that. And if you can get that stuff for free (legally), maybe donate to women's shelters, crisis centers, etc?

Unfortunately for me I don't live anywhere close enough to load up on free stuff so we'll have to keep paying for ours. But at least it isn't taking up space in the shed!!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #27
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I would love to get all my toothpaste free. Even having an extra tube or two on hand would be great, I could totally understand that. But I don't understand beyond that. And if you can get that stuff for free (legally), maybe donate to women's shelters, crisis centers, etc?

Unfortunately for me I don't live anywhere close enough to load up on free stuff so we'll have to keep paying for ours. But at least it isn't taking up space in the shed!!

Ooh. That's a brilliant idea. "Couponing for a cause."

Now that I could get on board with. Something like, "let's see how much stuff we can get for the shelter using this $30."
But still doing it within the store's rules. Not stealing.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #28
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
So I wonder if they struggle to pay normal living expenses? Like, sorry, we can't pay the light bill this month but don't worry! We have 175 cases of tampons!

Once you need a shed to store your extra couponing stuff you really need to reconsider your options.

It wqs like the house my friend's had to clean out for a relative that passed. They found sealed ketchup that had turned black. She had hoarded bottles everywhere. There were other things hoarded too. So much work and waste.

Quote:
It's an addiction. Being able to score that much at such a good price. And then brag about it to others. It's a hoarders mentality. Very sad.
There must be a high they get.

Quote:

I think some couponers do give to charity but I know others sell and trade stuff.

You won't need ot buy an extra shed. Already saving money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Ooh. That's a brilliant idea. "Couponing for a cause."

Now that I could get on board with. Something like, "let's see how much stuff we can get for the shelter using this $30."
But still doing it within the store's rules. Not stealing.
That would be a good challenge.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #29
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Once you need a shed to store your extra couponing stuff you really need to reconsider your options.

It wqs like the house my friend's had to clean out for a relative that passed. They found sealed ketchup that had turned black. She had hoarded bottles everywhere. There were other things hoarded too. So much work and waste.

There must be a high they get.

You won't need ot buy an extra shed. Already saving money.

That would be a good challenge.
Actually I've got tons of shed/garage space I don't use so I would have to bring home a LOT of free tampons before I ran out. But since I use a cup I think I shall resist!

As far as the hoarders go, it seems to me that a lot of time it's people who have been through REALLY hard times and had to do without. So they can't get rid of anything, because they might need it later. When taken to extremes you end up with black sealed ketchup.

I do think couponing with a cause sounds like a good challenge though! If it was done within normal regulations they could get their bargain, help a ton of people, and not have to worry about storing a bunch of stuff they don't use.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #30
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Actually I've got tons of shed/garage space I don't use so I would have to bring home a LOT of free tampons before I ran out. But since I use a cup I think I shall resist!

As far as the hoarders go, it seems to me that a lot of time it's people who have been through REALLY hard times and had to do without. So they can't get rid of anything, because they might need it later. When taken to extremes you end up with black sealed ketchup.

I do think couponing with a cause sounds like a good challenge though! If it was done within normal regulations they could get their bargain, help a ton of people, and not have to worry about storing a bunch of stuff they don't use.

But what if you NEED those tampons????

You could run out of toothpaste at any minute!!!

Think of the implications here!