Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #61
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I was given the boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedTheJourney View Post
Yep, they track it. So, weeks back, hubby got dental work and I went got him baby food to carry him through for a couple of days while healing. Store gave me baby formula coupon I threw out. The tracking seems to be for on the spot purchases more than what the consumer history is through the use of the store cards. If they have the archived purchase information and were interested in giving the consumer what the consumer normally buys, I could definitely understand. Yet, here, it seems that it is based on the spot which in turn allows them the opportunity to promote a product line similar, in par, or supplementing the "need". Drives me crazy when I get a receipt as long as a 5 foot ticker tape and nothing I need as an archived consumer shows up by ways of a coupon. : (
Kroger does track history. You get those in the mail. The ones at the register are triggered by your purchase at the moment.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #62
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I know. and not just 20 of something. I mentioned to a cashier how crazy it was to stock up on 50+ tube of toothpaste and detergent. Offended the person behind me. She said she does that. Has a shed to hold her excess. To me, that is just crazy! I love sales and deals as much as anyone. But why get stuff you don't need? Years worth of stuff you don't need?
I have to admit when I went back to work I had a two year supply of toothpaste. Lol. I miss that now that five years have passed and I rarely have time to coupon. For some reason toothpaste was the one thing I always found deals on back in the day.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #63
SharedTheJourney
Registered Users

My Mood:

The show, "Extreme Couponing", and "Hoarders", does seem to focus on excesses. I'd love to get good deals to save here and there, but I watch the way the show actors carry items and pack. It is different from the average person that uses coupons for purchases. Although it is very entertaining though to watch how they can coupon down a sales receipt to such a degree. : )

Last edited by SharedTheJourney; 01-11-2017 at 12:48 PM.
SharedTheJourney is offline   Reply With Quote