Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pantry Challenge Anyone...

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anybody would like to do a pantry challenge.?.
I was looking & haven't seen a thread started yet...usually by now someone has kicked 1 off by now. So I am trying to get back into full on cooking every meal rather than a boxed pizza & junk

Advertisement

loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pantry Challenge Anyone...

Sure, why not. Except for milks and fresh fruits and veggies.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes to the things you mentioned I will also need cheese & bread. I am trying to eat cleaner, I feel so much better when I do & don't get stuck in a rut eating processed food all the time. It is so convenient yet inconvenient in so many ways but still I find it hard to change. Plus I need to drop 20lbs of fat from me & convert 15lbs into muscle on my frame...
Old 01-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Ugh I need to do this. I've gotten sooooo lazy! But also this might get embarrassing - I have food hoarding tendencies so we can probably go a long time from the pantry
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #5
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

We already do 100% cook at home right now, so I'll cheer from the sidelines and try to remember to not overstock while following along.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #7
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Ugh I need to do this. I've gotten sooooo lazy! But also this might get embarrassing - I have food hoarding tendencies so we can probably go a long time from the pantry
I grew up with a hoarder. One effect on me was I throw things away. I tend not to collect tons of things. For the most part. Clutter becomes mentally stressful to me. But I also grew up poor. Food was in short supply. I will be the first to admit, if I hoard anything it is food. We have food alright. Lots and lots of food. Working our way through it will be good for more than just our pocketbook.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #8
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Its alright I have a lot of food in our pantry as well as the storage room. I stock pile when canned food items go on sale & use them up until the next big sale. I have been rather lazy this fall in comparison to other yrs.
To list a few things off I have 5- 12packs of canned green bean flats, 3 flats of whole corn, 3 flats of sweet peas, 16 jars of unopened peanut butter. Plus what ever is in my cabinets in the kitchen. Probably 40ish lbs of white rice, 20ish lbs of brown rice, the 20lbs of dry pinto beans, & between 5-15lbs of black, red beans & lentils each. I bake a lot so my 25 lb bag of flour will run out by the end of February.
We are a larger family so we buy in bulk when we can. Shopping takes twice as long when you have to buy twice the amount of items. All in all stock piling it saves me on trips to the store other than weekly runs for milk & bread fruit & veggies whatnot.
Gosh typing that out I see I have a lot & that is not even close to everything, now I feel a bit embarrassed lol.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #9
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
We already do 100% cook at home right now, so I'll cheer from the sidelines and try to remember to not overstock while following along.
Awesome I need encouragement!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #10
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can I ask everyone what you make or like to have on hand for breakfast? I am not a morning person even though I get up early with the kids every morning. Do you have any good ideas for a filling breakfast that's not real complicated or unhealthy. I am tired of buying cereal & my 9yr old would eat half the box in 1 go if I had cereal bowls big enough. Banana pancakes are a huge hit around here they only last 2 days most times. So what are your favorites?