Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2017, 09:39 PM   #21
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pantry Challenge Anyone...

I really appreciate everyone responding to this You all make me feel so much better about it all. qsefthuko Its nice to know I am not the only also with a bursting pantry twood80 I wish my husband would make breakfast that's wonderful!! Mine gets up at 5am to weight lift for 2+hrs m-f so I am on mine own lol.

Advertisement

loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:46 PM   #22
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving my family View Post
I really appreciate everyone responding to this You all make me feel so much better about it all. qsefthuko Its nice to know I am not the only also with a bursting pantry twood80 I wish my husband would make breakfast that's wonderful!! Mine gets up at 5am to weight lift for 2+hrs m-f so I am on mine own lol.
Lol, I watched Top Chef on Netflix. Had to cringe when it came to the block party episode. They made a comment on the quantity of food in one person's pantry. I saw the camera pan over the contents and new I probably had twice as much food if not more in my house. at least I don't have to put something heavy on my freezer to keep it shut AND I have 4 of my 6 turkeys out of my sister's freezer and in my own.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:25 PM   #23
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Lol, I watched Top Chef on Netflix. Had to cringe when it came to the block party episode. They made a comment on the quantity of food in one person's pantry. I saw the camera pan over the contents and new I probably had twice as much food if not more in my house. at least I don't have to put something heavy on my freezer to keep it shut AND I have 4 of my 6 turkeys out of my sister's freezer and in my own.
Lol now I want to see the episode your talking about. The largest thing or things I have in my deep freezer (its an up right freezer) is roast. Which we are burning though really fast from a side of beef we got this Nov. Its the 1'st time we have bought meat this way I am happy we did but it is going fast! I really like turkey & don't have any more from the holidays. I am kinda kicking myself for not picking up a few when they went on sale after Christmas.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:19 AM   #24
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Can I ask everyone what you make or like to have on hand for breakfast? I am not a morning person even though I get up early with the kids every morning. Do you have any good ideas for a filling breakfast that's not real complicated or unhealthy. I am tired of buying cereal & my 9yr old would eat half the box in 1 go if I had cereal bowls big enough. Banana pancakes are a huge hit around here they only last 2 days most times. So what are your favorites?
We have eggs, oatmeal, waffles (I cook ahead an reheat occasionally) and muesli (which is basically raw cold oatmeal mixed in with cinnamon and nuts etc.)

My mom gave us a a bunch of stuff we don't usually eat and I have some other things that I can use up so I'm in.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:52 AM   #25
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Lol now I want to see the episode your talking about. The largest thing or things I have in my deep freezer (its an up right freezer) is roast. Which we are burning though really fast from a side of beef we got this Nov. Its the 1'st time we have bought meat this way I am happy we did but it is going fast! I really like turkey & don't have any more from the holidays. I am kinda kicking myself for not picking up a few when they went on sale after Christmas.
It is killing me. Kroger currently has turkey on sale for .69 cents a lb. If it drops much more I may pick some up regardless.

I have wanted to get a side of beef. Honestly though, we would need a second deep freezer. The smaller one we have is generally crammed full of food as is. No room for a side of beef.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #26
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

A pp poster asked about breakfast foods. Some quick buy filling things we do for early mornings on the go. I make and freeze breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwhiches, then it is pull, microwave and breakfast is served as we are driving.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:18 AM   #27
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
A pp poster asked about breakfast foods. Some quick buy filling things we do for early mornings on the go. I make and freeze breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwhiches, then it is pull, microwave and breakfast is served as we are driving.
I tried to freeze a bunch of breakfast burritos and sandwiches last year when our chickens ewere laying a lot. My kids would eat them when u made thgthgem fresh, but didn't want the frozen ones. I don't knowif I was freezing them wrong? They seemed OK to me. After awhile my kiuds got sick of eggs altogether. Now the slacker chickens wont lay any eggs, so no more eggstravaganza Saturday!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:25 AM   #28
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
We have eggs, oatmeal, waffles (I cook ahead an reheat occasionally) and muesli (which is basically raw cold oatmeal mixed in with cinnamon and nuts etc.)

My mom gave us a a bunch of stuff we don't usually eat and I have some other things that I can use up so I'm in.
I am coming to the realization I should just get most of my breakfast food ready the night before. "sigh"
Old 01-18-2017, 07:39 AM   #29
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho View Post
I tried to freeze a bunch of breakfast burritos and sandwiches last year when our chickens ewere laying a lot. My kids would eat them when u made thgthgem fresh, but didn't want the frozen ones. I don't knowif I was freezing them wrong? They seemed OK to me. After awhile my kiuds got sick of eggs altogether. Now the slacker chickens wont lay any eggs, so no more eggstravaganza Saturday!!
Kids can be funny that way. Did you heat them to melt the cheese before freezing? I generally waited until the day of to get the cheese to melt.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #30
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I am coming to the realization I should just get most of my breakfast food ready the night before. "sigh"

There is a recipe for "refrigerator pancakes" also. Don't use your normal batter and try to put it in the fridge overnight! Mine turned brown and looked disgusting! I don't know what was wrong with it. Ha!
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote