Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
teeniebeenie6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does anyone know how to make a pacifier for "Baby Alive"?

I noticed there is a mom that makes pacifiers and magic bottle that work with Baby Alive dolls on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-Bottle-&-Pa...12169004r10953. Does anyone know how to do this? Do you think any old magnet would be compatible with a "Baby alive"? I would really like to make a pacifier and bottle that is BPA and PVC free since I think that would be safer around my girls. Thanks

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know how to make a pacifier for "Baby Alive"?

Oh wow. That's neat.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
adriannas_aunt
Registered Users

I know how to make them. There isn't a magnet in them for baby alive only the reborn baby ones have magnets. On the bottle you put sealent in the nipple so nothing can come out and seal the ring and bottle together. I make them for the reborn babies I sale, and the paci you can just use a normal paci that has a stright nipple.
adriannas_aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #4
Chriscia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

On my DD's baby alive it needs a magnet or something for the baby to sense. Her other baby dolls bottles wont work with it, she doesnt recognize it. The spoon, bottle and potty all have something else in them. I would really like to know as my DD lost the bottle and is very upset that she cant feed her baby (baby was already on a water diet, and now gets nothing)
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
cristancanoe
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscia View Post
(baby was already on a water diet, and now gets nothing)
that made me giggle!
cristancanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
teeniebeenie6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriannas_aunt View Post
I know how to make them. There isn't a magnet in them for baby alive only the reborn baby ones have magnets. On the bottle you put sealent in the nipple so nothing can come out and seal the ring and bottle together. I make them for the reborn babies I sale, and the paci you can just use a normal paci that has a stright nipple.
Actually I ended up buying a set for my girls baby alive from the ebay seller I linked to in the OP and both the bottle and pacifier have a magnet in them. They are glued at an angle. Unfortunately the bottle burst during shipping, it was shipped in a flimsy box with only balloons as protection. I filed with paypal but they sided with the seller even though it was packed horribly. The package reeked of vinegar so am pretty sure that is the base liquid. I am unsure what is used to look like milk but I have read that school glue can be used. I am going to try to make one of my own using the nipple that was on the burst bottle. In a bit I will take a picture of the pacifier and bottle so you can see what I mean by the magnet being angled.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Chriscia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeniebeenie6 View Post
Actually I ended up buying a set for my girls baby alive from the ebay seller I linked to in the OP and both the bottle and pacifier have a magnet in them. They are glued at an angle. Unfortunately the bottle burst during shipping, it was shipped in a flimsy box with only balloons as protection. I filed with paypal but they sided with the seller even though it was packed horribly. The package reeked of vinegar so am pretty sure that is the base liquid. I am unsure what is used to look like milk but I have read that school glue can be used. I am going to try to make one of my own using the nipple that was on the burst bottle. In a bit I will take a picture of the pacifier and bottle so you can see what I mean by the magnet being angled.
Thanks for letting me know that mama...I *almost* bought one!!! Now I am really glad I didnt. If she isnt good with customer service I will pass. LMK if you figure out how to make them!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
teeniebeenie6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscia View Post
Thanks for letting me know that mama...I *almost* bought one!!! Now I am really glad I didnt. If she isnt good with customer service I will pass. LMK if you figure out how to make them!
You can buy replacement Baby Alive bottles and sippy cups that are made for Baby Alive from Hasbro. That is what I am going to do (we already own a sippy cup set, we got it off of Amazon).
They have these sets:
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...&ID=21035&PG=3
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...&ID=17812&PG=3

They also have a replacement parts order form which includes the bottle for the 2006 Baby Alive here: http://www.hasbro.com/customer-servi....cfm?sku=18638

I do think you'd be safe with the seller if you bought off of ebay. She has 100 percent feedback there and I doubt she wants to mar that. I bought from her private website because there was more bottle and pacifier choices but I had no protection because of it and no place I could leave feedback. The pacifier that I got was a pink soothie and it is too large for the dolls mouth. You can fit it in when she opens her mouth but I'm afraid it will wear the doll out because it closes awkardly on it.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea, If I had one of these dolls to inspect I'm sure I could figure it out.

I just wanted to give the ebay mama props for having a breastmilk option total kudos!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:26 AM   #10
bobiflips
Registered Users

[QUOTE=teeniebeenie6;5841042]I noticed there is a mom that makes pacifiers and magic bottle that work with Baby Alive dolls on ebay

the site has expired, can you please give me a new site, i am searching for a replacement pacifier for a month now, thank you
bobiflips is offline   Reply With Quote