Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
heartshapedsox
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone use All About Spelling and/or All About Reading??

We used AAS this year. It works, but it is time consuming and boring as heck for me. HOWEVER... my kids really benefited and got a good solid foundation in phonics. I am selling Level 1 right now if you're interested.

Advertisement

heartshapedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far we haven't been able to make AAS work for us. It sounds like a great program, but my kids don't take it seriously, so we don't end up doing it. Like many of you, we read that it is important to start at level one no matter the age/ability of the child. So I bought several levels, expecting to zoom through them with my then fourth grade dd. She cannot concentrate on it. The words are so easy that she just goes nuts making jokes and acting like she doesn't know how to spell words like "cat." I know the point is to learn the phonics rules, not only the specific words in the lists, but we just can't get through it.

I'm not committed yet, but I think we're going to try Phonetic Zoo for her. She tested into Phonetic Zoo B. Maybe I'll try AAS again with one of my younger kids before they're too advanced to take it seriously.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I just purchased AAS level 1 and AAR level 2 for my dd to use in the fall, for 3rd grade. I hope we love it! She is getting really tired of the ETC workbooks and does not like to read, spell/write!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just purchased AAS1 for my 6 year old... We have been doing it for 3 weeks now. I love that I don't feel rushed to go through it, I can just wait until she has mastered 1 lesson and then move on to the next one! So far, we love it!