Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

Bleeding behind placenta?

Back story: this is my third pregnancy; DS who is 2 was a normal pregnancy, and I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in January. I am currently 8 weeks and at 6 weeks I had an ultrasound because I was having some spotting and was worried (miscarriage started with spotting). So, baby looked great on u/s but there was a bleed behind the placenta which has likely caused the spotting. Has anyone else experienced this? The dr said that it will hopefully resolve itself, but if gets worse it will cause the placenta to detach which I'm assuming would cause me to miscarry. She advised me to just take it super easy so I don't make it worse and I guess that's really all I can do (besides worry my head off, which of course I am doing). Positive outcome stories would be greatly appreciated of course

Advertisement

sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
So a low laying placenta?

DD had a low placenta and we had some spotting when the uterus was growing and moving the placenta with it.

But I'm not sure if you're talking about something different.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bleeding behind placenta?

bleeding behind the placenta is a subchorionic hemorage (SH). they are fairly common in early pregnancy. I had one with DS and it resolved itself.. I had to take it really easy but it went away. If it gets bad it can casue the placenta to detach and cause a miscarriage, but it will probably be ok PRetty common, just stay off your feet as much as possible, dont do any heavy lifting, drink lots of water and take care of yourself. I would asked to be checked in a couple of weeks to keep an eye on it though.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #4
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

bleeding behind the placenta is a subchorionic hemorage (SH). they are fairly common in early pregnancy. I had one with DS and it resolved itself.. I had to take it really easy but it went away. If it gets bad it can casue the placenta to detach and cause a miscarriage, but it will probably be ok PRetty common, just stay off your feet as much as possible, dont do any heavy lifting, drink lots of water and take care of yourself. I would asked to be checked in a couple of weeks to keep an eye on it though.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had one with my last pregnancy. Scared the crap out of me because one night I started bleeding and passed a huge clot. Then nothing. I was furious that the doctor didn't tell me. I found out after I got my ultrasound records because I was transferring to a high risk clinic. But... We now have a perfectly healthy 2 year old girl.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105
This exactly. I had one this pregnancy that they discovered at 9 weeks, I freaked out of course dr was very reassuring and said up to 30% of his patients have had one, they are extremely common. 9 times out of 10 resolve with no issues . Mine was resolved by my 20 week US- currently almost 30 weeks
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had one with baby #7, bled or spotted from conception until 16 weeks, sometimes heavily. He is a happy health 4 year old now

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I had one discovered at 19 weeks with dd. It was rather large and seriously threatened my pregnancy and I was hospitalized. It did resolve though and my pregnancy continued uneventfully.

One thing I want to emphasize is it WILL run its course naturally. There is absolutely NOTHING you can do to stop it. But, in that sense it hurts nothing to take some time to put your feet up and encourage it to heal.

It's nerve wrecking I know. Hang in there, I bet its gone at your next appt.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #9
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had one at 22 weeks. It was extremely painful at that point in the pregnancy. Placenta started to seperate. I was hospitalized twice for a day each, but nothing could be done since it was too early for the baby. Strict bed rest and everything was resolved by 29 weeks. Went on to have a healthy full term pregnancy and a healthy 2yr old dd. drink lots of water and take it super easy. I hope it works out for you like it did for us!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #10
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone and great news! My midwives got my 8 week ultrasound back and it appears to have resolved itself already. So relieved!
sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote