Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #1
yogamama23
Registered Users
seller

Healing diastasis recti with mutu system and alignment

I just started doing the mutu system for healing diastasis recti and pelvic floor. Anyone have experience with this program or others? I've also been reading a lot of about proper body alignment on several restorative exercise therapists' websites. SUPER interesting!

Advertisement

yogamama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
eriqua
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Healing diastasis recti with mutu system and alignment

im a personal trainer and i specialize in working with women who are pregnant or those who have had children.

Last edited by Agla; 11-26-2015 at 03:42 PM.
eriqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
Agla
Super Admin
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 11-27-2015, 09:25 PM   #4
cat8120
Registered Users
seller

I had it terrible when I was pregnant. If I did a crunch I'd have a teepee shape of intestines popping out. It miraculously went away by itself after I gave birth.
cat8120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
cgrosec
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are many good websites with exercises for Diastasis. Engaging your transverse abdominus helps heal the gap- strengthening your deeper abdominal muscles. I actually had to go see a physical therapist to help mine heal- I recommend finding one who specializes in DR/ pelvic floor issues.
cgrosec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #6
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 02-13-2016, 06:41 PM   #7
DeFehrHD
Registered Users

I feel ignorant that I dont know what this thread is about lol never heard of that before
DeFehrHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #8
Mom2allboys11
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFehrHD View Post
I feel ignorant that I dont know what this thread is about lol never heard of that before
It is when your abs split either during or after pregnancy. It can be really serious, like PP said about her intestines poking out, or just cause a minor belly bulge.
Mom2allboys11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #9
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was looking through my "subscribed threads" & saw this.. I wanted to share that I started seeing a new chiropractor & my diastasis recti is back to a 1, which is normal. It was a 3-4 before. After only TWO visits (so within 3-4 weeks time) I noticed my lower back wasn't hurting anymore, but never gave any thought to my DR.

I FINALLY opened up a postnatal workout DVD I had bought to help with the DR and that was when I realized it was healed because they show you how to measure it. I wanted to measure again to be able to track my progress & that was when I realized it was back to normal! And I am over 40 & have several babies. I was shocked!

So healing is TOTALLY possible even if you are older, have had several babies, have not worked out once in years (don't judge me; I chase several kiddos around & that is a workout, trust me!! lol), etc. I know it was there before I saw the chiro, so I would say to see a chiro for help if at all possible.

Also, I was shocked that in my post natal DVD it said NOT to do tummy crunches for DR. The video has adapted exercises to do for those with DR.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #10
kapoki
Registered Users
seller

I did mutu for a little bit but fell off the wagon after I got seriously ill. I did about 6/8 weeks worth, I felt more aligned but wasn't really satisfied with how I was looking after a long time of doing mutu. I think the next time I'll do a combination of mutu and some other exercise program.
kapoki is offline   Reply With Quote