Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #11
Registered Users
seller

Re: Handling this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by expaik View Post
If shipping is not much, which I assume it won't be, I would just give in if you don't want to risk negative feedback and a seller performance strike due to a case decided in favor of buyer.

Since there was no size label, if it comes to an Ebay decision on the case, they may side with the buyer, since you have nothing solid to back up your argument that it's a small.

Maybe you can do this. Offer the buyer a small partial refund, no return necessary, and she can keep it till her LO grows into it. If not, tell her to ship back and you'll refund her payment minus original shipping.

If she raises a stink about being out either return or original shipping, try compromising. Offer to pay for ONE of the shipping costs. If she insists on losing nothing, here's where you have to decide whether you'll stand your ground and risk negative feedback, or give in.

It does help to put yourself in the buyer's shoes. Don't always assume they're out to cheat/scam the seller. It could be she honestly feels the item isn't a small.

Tip: next time when selling an unlabeled clothing item, never assume size. In the description, give specific measurements instead.

Sorry you're dealing with this.
Thank you for your input. It did not even cross my mind that she was trying to cheat or scam me. I do feel like it is more like buyers remorse. She purchased it minutes after I listed it and now realize it is not the size she needs. I also remember buying clothes before lo was born and not know there was a difference in size when it came to newborn labeled things.

I did do some research on the size when I listed it. The line of clothes has 2 sizes small and large in this style. Since it does not fit my LO, I listed it as a small. I do agree, I should of put the measurements in the listing and maybe even the size chart.

I knew that I would statistical get someone that was not happy with their purchase sooner or later.

Advertisement

051698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
Registered Users
seller

So I got no responds from the buyer. Should I just drop or send her a message to see if she is satisfied?
051698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #13
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: Handling this right?

95% of buyers will drop it if the seller requires them to ship back for a refund. It probably means she doesn't care enough to have to return it at her expense.

Don't say anything. The case will close by itself in 30 days.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote