Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #11
ellieF
Registered Users
seller

Re: CD mentor needed

I ordered some prefolds and a few fitteds. I'll let you all know how that goes!! Thanks again.

Advertisement

ellieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellieF View Post
I have used microfiber, bamboo, an charcoal bamboo, but the MF is what I use most often. It makes sense about the absorbency of the MF and need or the diaper to be right against the skin for best results.

So just fold a flannel receiving blanket like a flat and put it in the diaper (like an insert but on top not in the pocket)? I have plenty of flannel, blankets and cloth. I could sew some if it worked out.
You can lay the insert on top or stuff inside. Sometimes flannel is even more wet feeling than say a cotton prefold. It's the MF insert that might be giving you an issue not likely the suedecloth/fleece pocket top.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #13
ellieF
Registered Users
seller

Could it simply be the bad fit? They leak around the legs and the legs I can't get tight enough. They are really loose despite my best efforts.

I need to replace my car battery, thanks Murphy's Law, lol, so I'm going to give the prefolds a try first and get some fitteds later.

Has anyone used pockets later on, say after the first couple months, and liked them once they fit a little better?
Old 04-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #14
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellieF View Post
Could it simply be the bad fit? They leak around the legs and the legs I can't get tight enough. They are really loose despite my best efforts.

I need to replace my car battery, thanks Murphy's Law, lol, so I'm going to give the prefolds a try first and get some fitteds later.

Has anyone used pockets later on, say after the first couple months, and liked them once they fit a little better?

When my daughter was born I used snappi'd prefolds during the day and workhorse fitteds at night.
After she outgrew newborn and small sized prefolds and fitteds in the first 3 months and we left the house more often I started using pockets. Kawaii pure and natural fit the best - one size were still pretty large. One size pockets fit better at 4-5 months but by that point I got tired of all the pocket stuffing and switched to flats padfolded into covers and AIOs for sitters and errands.
5 years ago when I used cloth diapers on my son, we used tri folded prefolds at home and pockets for errands / babysitters. That was all after the 6 month mark, I wasn't as quick to use cloth with him.

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #15
ellieF
Registered Users
seller

UPDATE: I sold the NB AIO in order to afford something that fit. I ordered a dozen infant prefolds that would have fit trifolded as an insert, but not use with a snappi as I prefer. So, I'm waiting for that exchange to go through. I also purchased a handful of diaper rite fitteds, cheap but fabulous!! The fitted diapers are working out like a charm for daytime use! I'm so pleased and so is the husband. I only have one actual cover at the moment, so it gets cleaned a lot, but I will also use a couple of the WAHM pocket shells as covers and just toss them in the wash with each use. I don't have enough fitteds for day and night so we use pockets at night. There is only one pocket that will work without leaking at night; it is still huge but who cares for nighttime?! Of all the different brands and style pocket diapers, the Kawaii OS Velcro square tabs have become our nighttime solution with no leaks between changes. I have decided to sell some of the many pockets I bought while pregnant to purchase more fitteds and covers! So glad I didn't give up, and eternally grateful for all your input, help, and encouragement!! Thanks mammas!!
Old 04-26-2015, 01:00 AM   #16
Titus2
Registered Users
seller

So glad you found a solution! You rock mama!
Titus2 is offline   Reply With Quote