Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

A different insert question (i think)

Sorry ahead of time for going on and on....

Ok, so after accumulating a toddler and infant pf and cover stash (besides my med covers and premium prefolds i had used for 2 years) and then trying out OS pockets and loving those more than i have pfs and covers for over 2 years.... Then my toddler potty learning and the baby growing out of infants and smalls i have a ton to sell and i'm trying to figure out a solution to inserts for the pockets. I plan on keeping a small premium pf and med. cover stash.

So for the problem, i'm having trouble with the fact that i have a different size, shape, material, etc. for each insert, i like things to be the same. I'm liking the trimness of hemp but, not the dry time and i'm liking the inserts that are more of an "hour glass" shape like the HP inserts but, i don't know that my kids will ever give me enough time to attempt to make my own. I also don't want to spend a ton of money buying them new. I've tried folding infant pfs into the pockets but it's too bulky...i have 1 blue microfiber towel and i think i'm liking the absorbancy but, to me the feel of microfiber is like running your fingers on a chalk board and it's not helping the couple patches of psorisis i have on my fingers.

Has anyone ever attempted to cover there microfiber towels in a different fabric like flannel, old t-shirts or even cotton? I have a bunch of cotton material but, i don't know if that would make the towels to bulky or cause problems with leaks. I'm thinking maybe fabric on 1 or both sides and T&T. I have a machine but i've only made my daughters bedding and attempted to convert prefolds (practicing on gerbers) with too many interuptions to finish.

Advertisement

SAHM to Zachary Arthur 4/5/06 Mckenzie Elizabeth 5/14/08 our angel with wings 6/2/07 & Complete Molar Pregnancy 3/8/12 followed by ema/co (multi unit chemo). weened at 24 months DD and 12 months DS, , ...out of the loop! Baby #3 due 5/19/15.
jeniperlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #2
usnkbaal
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A different insert question (i think)

It works I have some I took a mircofiber towel from target folded in thirds then covered with flannel and serged it you should be able to T&T also though