Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #11
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It is my understanding that if you shipped to her verified address in pp and it is delivered, that is on her. Not your fault. However, if you typed in an address or sent to an unverified address, you would not be covered. At the end of the day, you sent priority and that has $50 insurance anyway.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Buyer gave me the wrong address, then filed dispute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpink22 View Post
It is my understanding that if you shipped to her verified address in pp and it is delivered, that is on her. Not your fault. However, if you typed in an address or sent to an unverified address, you would not be covered. At the end of the day, you sent priority and that has $50 insurance anyway.
She can file a dispute but that doesn't change the fact that you did what you were supposed to do as a seller. If you're worried, call PP and explain the situation. I've always found a call to be more helpful then responding to the dispute.
The Scientist (9) & The Entertainer (6)
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
tuxgirl
Registered Users

Not that this is right, but is it possible that she filed dispute just in case it never reaches her, in order to make sure she does get her money back. I mean, its clear from what you said here that you intend to do that anyways, but if she was concerned, maybe that was her rationale???

I don't know... I just like to try to come up with rational explanations for why someone might do something like that...
tuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxgirl View Post
Not that this is right, but is it possible that she filed dispute just in case it never reaches her, in order to make sure she does get her money back. I mean, its clear from what you said here that you intend to do that anyways, but if she was concerned, maybe that was her rationale???

I don't know... I just like to try to come up with rational explanations for why someone might do something like that...
Even if it is misdelivered since she gave the wrong address I don't think it matters. She isn't entitled to her money back unless it returns to the seller.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
hbarnstein
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It looks like, crossing fingers, the package is back at my local sort facility which makes me hopeful it will come back to me today or tomorrow. Since she opened a dispute how do I refund her only the cost of the jeans? I do not feel like I should have to refund her shipping but my only option in the dispute is a "full refund."
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

I'm in this situation right now as the buyer, except I've just sucked it up and said if I ever see the package it will be a nice surprise. I thought I updated paypal a million times, but I finally figured out PP address update wouldn't stick because the card billing address hadn't been "confirmed" or something. Anyway, it took me a while to realize it was my fault and not paypal, so is it possible the buyer thinks this is a paypal issue and that this is the only way to resolve it? She might not even be thinking about the seller's position (which is crummy). Also the PO sucks at this whole process, I've rescheduled with a new address several times and they never seem to read the comments or the new address in the redelivery request, and it's impossible to determine where the stupid parcel is until after it's left the facility. Forget calling on the phone.

Anyway, I do hope pp finds in your favor because it's certainly not your fault.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbarnstein View Post
It looks like, crossing fingers, the package is back at my local sort facility which makes me hopeful it will come back to me today or tomorrow. Since she opened a dispute how do I refund her only the cost of the jeans? I do not feel like I should have to refund her shipping but my only option in the dispute is a "full refund."
Unfortunately, if the package came back to you, I don't think you can hold onto the original shipping amount. You'll need to refund in full. But you can claim that part back from the PO as mentioned earlier.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
hbarnstein
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for your help.

It seems really unfair that they did their job and I did my job and the buyer is the only one who would walk away undinged then. I don't know if I feel right about claiming it back from them when they spent weeks and a lot of effort trying to deliver it when the buyer is the one who made a mistake and even told me it was her fault, but I am not sure I can afford not to either. I guess I'll talk with my husband tonight and see how he feels about it too. Is this where I claim?

https://www.usps.com/ship/file-domestic-claims.htm
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
expaik
Registered Users
seller

No. It's not an insurance claim you're filing, but a claim for refund of postage. This can only be done at the discretion of a station manager, so you need to go in person and talk to him/her. It's a bit of a pain.

Paypal isn't fair - it's clearly buyer-centric. Ebay is even more so. Dealing with that is part of selling, unfortunately.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
hbarnstein
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So even if I decide I am okay with it I might not get it back? Ack!

Thanks for your help. Wish you had better news!