Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Buyer gave me the wrong address, then filed dispute?

Call Paypal and explain to them that the buyer has the wrong address on their account. Tell them that you shipped to the address on the account and it came back to you (if it does) because of the incorrect address they have always sided with me the seller when things like this have happened. It is not your fault the address was wrong.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #22
hbarnstein
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did call paypal and sent the screen caps of the buyer telling me she'd given me the wrong address. Hopefully they will find in my favour, and I will totally refund the cost of the jeans less the shipping if the package gets back to me if they do. I wouldn't keep money that wasn't mine. I just don't want her to get money back that really isn't hers either - in my mind she spent that money already, yanno?

*edit - sent the screen caps at paypal's request. They had me send it to service@paypal.com and I got an autoreply that they can't reply to it...lol. Hopefully they got it okay though.

Last edited by hbarnstein; 12-04-2013 at 06:05 PM.
hbarnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

PP should only make you refund the purchase price, not the shipping you paid. If you receive the package, refund the purchase less the shipping charges and call PP to explain why.
The Scientist (9) & The Entertainer (6)
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
hbarnstein
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have that option since a dispute was opened, I only have the option to fully refund
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #25
hbarnstein
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow. Just to update, paypal decided to refund her, but due to "unique circumstances" they refunded her on my behalf and did not ding me! I didn't know that was even possible.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #26
expaik
Registered Users
seller

That's awesome. The weird thing is how differently paypal handles different cases. I guess it all depends on the agent you get stuck with. The bureacratic by-the-book ones will not be helpful to the seller at all. But I've had some amazing customer service before.

In fact, this amazing thing happened once: I sent a package to a buyer, the USPS lost it, the 1-800-USPS wouldn't refund my postage because the label had been printed through paypal, and when I called Paypal to complain, they actually refunded me THE ENTIRE PACKAGE AMOUNT. That's right. The lady was super sympathetic about all the runaround and grief I'd been through. In order to make that refund, she went through my last 10 transactions on paypal and credited each one until the amount totaled the package value I had lost. As though Paypal had insured the package.

Moral: it pays to be persistent and articulate when talking to Paypal or Ebay customer service. Ask to speak with higher-ups until you get the result you want.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #27
expaik
Registered Users
seller

That's awesome. The weird thing is how differently paypal handles different cases. I guess it all depends on the agent you get stuck with. The bureaucratic by-the-book ones will not be helpful to the seller at all. But I've had some amazing customer service before.

In fact, this unbelievable thing happened once: I sent a package to a buyer, the USPS lost it, 1-800-USPS wouldn't refund my postage because the label had been printed through paypal, and when I called Paypal to complain about being out shipping costs, they actually refunded me THE ENTIRE PACKAGE AMOUNT. That's right. The lady was super sympathetic about all the runaround and grief I'd been through. In order to make that refund, she went through my last 10 transactions on paypal and credited each one until the amount totaled the package value I had lost. As though Paypal had insured the package.

Moral: it pays to be persistent and articulate when talking to Paypal or Ebay customer service. Ask to speak with higher-ups until you get the result you want.

Last edited by expaik; 12-05-2013 at 08:13 AM.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #28
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbarnstein View Post
Wow. Just to update, paypal decided to refund her, but due to "unique circumstances" they refunded her on my behalf and did not ding me! I didn't know that was even possible.
YES! That's what I was saying before--that she might be claiming the address problem is paypal's responsibility (like her new address didn't stick in their system) and not yours, but that the only way for her to be refunded was to file a dispute. Maybe I should do this with my missing package, lol. I know I've updated my address several times, confirmed it with credit card, set it to home, etc, but it still defaults to the old address and I don't know why!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote