Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Should I give up hope on ever getting this?

I ordered some fabric on black Friday, the seller switched labels around so it went to someone else and I got a package of really ugly fabric.

Anyway, she sent my label to the other customer, who dropped it in the mail. I was supposed to get it last Saturday but nothing. Tracking hasn't updated much (I know USPS isn't running at peak efficiency right now, though).

How long should I wait? Is there anything I can do? This was supposed to be for Christmas sewing.

Advertisement

Last edited by sisu; 12-19-2013 at 09:09 AM.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Should I give up hope on ever getting this?

This happened to me with needed nighttime wool covers. It was sent to a sorting facility in Michigan and stalled. Do you have a local small post office by you? Our PO is really small and I found out that if you call and speak to a person in your town, give them the number, and ask them to help, they will call the sorting facility at which it's stalled and will try to hunt it down. If you have the contents of the package to describe, this can help too because if the package opened or was damaged sometimes they are sitting on the shelf and that's why it was stalled.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would ask for a refund at this point, i know mail is slower during the holidays but you really need to get something else for your sewing now
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, the good news is that it's in my city now. The bad news is that there's no way I'm going to get stuff done in time for Christmas, but that's OK, it was still a great deal and it's not Christmas-themed, so whatever.

Thanks, ladies.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

oh good! im glad it was just held up with all the christmas stuff, and yay for great deals
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu View Post
Well, the good news is that it's in my city now. The bad news is that there's no way I'm going to get stuff done in time for Christmas, but that's OK, it was still a great deal and it's not Christmas-themed, so whatever.

Thanks, ladies.
I'm glad it got to you!

I had a friend ship me something from Georgia and I live in Washington (State). It was sent Priority and it went and hung out in West Virginia (and P.S. West Virginia is by no means anywhere in between Georgia and Washington State- it's the opposite direction) for 3 days with no update to the tracking. I was super bummed (it was just some FFS woolies and fittteds, but I was still really excited about them). But low and behold, on the 4th day, the tracking showed it arriving in my town. I think mail just gets missorted sometimes.