Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
julialdrich
Registered Users
seller

NO contact from seller, What to do?

So I contacted a seller about some inserts to buy and she responded fairly quickly to my inquiries and questions. We decided on a price and I sent it via paypal. This was done on a Friday, so she said she would ship Saturday, or at the "very latest, Monday." As a seller I have ALWAYS sent info when the package was mailed, along with the tracking number. And as a buyer, this has always been done for me.

But Monday came along, and nothing. No contact what so ever since Friday. So on Monday I messaged her and said maybe we should just cancel the sale (someone gave me some inserts, so I didn't "need" those). But I told her I would understand if she had already mailed them (since Monday was the "very latest" she would send.). If she hadn't mailed them I would be happy to let her keep $2 to cover her paypal fees, and I was just requesting the rest returned through PayPal. I figured she'd respond "Sorry already mailed them, here is the tracking:" Which I would have been fine with. But no response.

Tuesday I decided to request a refund through PayPal. I did this just in case she wasn't checking her ds account, but was checking her email. Maybe she'd see the info and log onto paypal and read my message. She responded SO quickly the day of the sale....

But still nothing. I have no received any response from her, no tracking number, no package. Nothing. We agreed on the price on Friday, so that was almost a week ago. And in my experience, packages don't typically take more than a week to get to me. Especially when she's located fairly close to me.

So. What do I do?

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: NO contact from seller, What to do?

I would give it more time. Per DS rules she has 5 days to ship so tomorrow would be 5 days.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa
I would give it more time. Per DS rules she has 5 days to ship so tomorrow would be 5 days.
It's 5 business days and sat doesn't count, so she technically has until Friday. IMO filing with Paypal after only 4 days, 2 of those being a weekend, is unreasonable. Did you try sending an email to the address where you sent the Paypal?
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
julialdrich
Registered Users
seller

I had never read the "5 day rule." What I read said that shipping was usually agreed on in some way and that IF you were going to have a delay in shipping, you needed to notify the buyer. I've always shipped within a few days. And she stated "I will ship tomorrow, at the very, very latest, Monday." So that's what I counted on.

The reason I filed with Paypal is because I knew it would send her an email. I didn't think about just emailing her from my email. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it would have just gone to her "junk" anyway.

I guess I've just worked with REALLY great sellers in the past who have shipped with in a few days, or notified me of a delay. And given me a tracking number as soon as they shipped. I'm not used to working with someone who waits almost a week after receiving payment to ship.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
MadAgain
Registered Users
seller
seller

This time of year is busy for everyone, so that could explain lack of communication.

Also between normal over load and weather issues some PO shipments are delayed 4+ weeks at this point.

I'd personally give it more time. Things come up.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum (and autocorrect hates me)
MadAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I'm glad you've had such timely sellers in the past! She does, however, have 5 business days to ship per DS rules, as PP said. So if it hasn't shipped by Friday, I would contact a mod and see if they can contact her. If they are unable to, then I would move on to PayPal. If she did indeed ship and just didn't update you, that is poor communication as well, but your regular package arrival times are not applicable right now. We're in the middle of the Christmas rush, there will most certainly be delays along the way.

That said, 4 calendar days isn't an absurd, or even long, wait IMO. However, no communication is a bit bothersome. Did you check to see when she was last online? Do you save a copy of your sent messages to your outbox? If so, check to see if she read your PM. I really would not worry over 4 days, with the weekend included. Come Friday, I'd just message a mod.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

i can see why you would be worried, no communication always worrys and frustrates me too, but IMO you jumped the gun in filing with pp after only 4 days (2 of which were the weekend)

I am slightly surprised that she didnt respond to you pp claim, but just give it some more time, you can escalate your claim through PP and get your money back
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Kait5757
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
i can see why you would be worried, no communication always worrys and frustrates me too, but IMO you jumped the gun in filing with pp after only 4 days (2 of which were the weekend)
This. I hate lack of communication.
However- I would also be really annoyed if a buyer filed a claim on me after 4 days. Things come up, people have lives, and all of us have children that keep us busy. It sounds like you are having buyers remorse.
I would wait and see if she contacts you by this weekend and then contact a mod.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
julialdrich
Registered Users
seller

IN the future I will use the email to contact the seller instead of filing a claim. I only filed the claim in hopes that she would get an email and respond.

The seller finally contacted me late last night and said she completely forgot about sending it out because she got called into work. She said she was really really sorry and would happily refund my money. The only problem is she says she switched bank accounts and didn't remember that until AFTER she offered the refund. So it won't clear. She says she thinks paypal will just send the refund to me anyway, and she'll be negative on pp? She said she can also put money in from the new account.

On my paypal it shows that she's sent the refund, but that it's pending for 3-5 days until the funds become available. So, what do I do now?
Old 12-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

you just need to wait for it to clear, there isnt anything else you can do
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote