Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #11
AlexiaH
Registered Users
seller

Re: CD newbie help with wash coming out gunky

I would bet that there is some build up in your hot water line.

We had mineral build up in our cold water line at our old house...it got to the point where we could only wash on hot because the cold line was completely clogged. Worked great after we cleaned it out

Advertisement

AlexiaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #12
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Although I agree you need to use a real detergent(RnG in my opinion is no better than scented powder) I think the problem is in your pipes. We just had our hot water problem resolved. I now find bits of black floating in my water when I run my hot water in the bathtub (where we were getting hardly any hot water).
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea what your issue is, but I just wanted to say that I have used Rockin Green successfully for years and yes you use less than standard detergents (which freaks people out). That said it may not be the detergent for you and you may need to try something else at least to rule out that it's not your issue. It does sound like it much be something in your lines or some sort of lint which would have nothing to do with your detergent.

Maybe try washing your diapers on cold just to see if they come out the same? One cold wash is not going to kill them. If they don't seem clean enough you can always wash them again, but at least you can maybe determine if it is something in your hot water line. Otherwise you can try washing towels on hot.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #14
Krisi83
Registered Users

Hey! I think I have your exact washing machine and I also have grovias. That weird gunk does sound like a pipe thing, I'd for sure try washing white towels on hot to see if any shows up, and running a Sanitize cycle of uber hot water, and trying washing machine cleaner, just in case it's your machine not pipes.

My main issues with this machine and grovias have been occasional teensy ebf poopy bits left in gussets and recurring musty smell in my inserts. (switched from rng after reading all the bad reviews here, to tiny bubbles which has become impossible to find, now using country save and RainDrops for hard water and occasional oxi, occasional Tide F&G. Still figuring out what works best and isn't terrible for environment.)

But! What I want to say is, you have to stalk this machine and constantly check the water at first to figure out what it's actually up to in the different cycle options, it's a sneaky son of a gun although I think in the long run it'll be a great one for cloth diapers. When I run a Normal load and select Hot, the water ends up barely TEPID (it adds a little hot and a lot of cold), and barely covers the dipes. If you choose I think Heavy Duty or Deep Clean, voila, actual steamy hot water but a ton of it, maybe too much for good agitation. On some cycles warm is actually cold. I'm still figuring it out so for now I run a warm quick wash (rinses them out way better than cold I find) and then a deep clean cycle, which includes an extra rinse.

I'm interested in what the mystery gunk ends up being! And in whether your machine lies about temp like mine does. But seriously the washer can handle ebf poo, make your husband change poop too and forget the prescrubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krisi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #15
Phantomfoodie
Registered Users
seller

As everyone has already said, it sounds like you're having a water/washer issue, not a diaper or detergent issue. Once you get that sorted out, this site has great info about washing diapers. I like evidence based information and since there aren't peer reviewed studies about diaper washing, this seemed to be the next best thing! http://realdiapers.org/wash/laundry-science
Phantomfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #16
barnone
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was just coming on here to ask about my washer/wash routine. I'm glad I saw this thread bc I have a Samsung, too. Mine might be model down bc I know I don't have sanitize cycle.

My dipes are not coming out clean. Poop stains from EBF baby all over. Sometimes the poop stains still look breastmilk Orange and sometimes greenish ( her poop is always the same orangey color, never green). I'm doing the exact same routine I did with our previous washer. It has to be the washer, right?

Sorry to hijack your thread 😁 I'm so frustrated!

Mama to Katelyn 9/14/07 and Haleigh 2/1/12

ISO New BGEs or GroVia AIOs
ISO Turkish Delight, Zara Blossom/Ash/Cloud, Kokadi Stars, Oscha Linen Grad, Starry Night, Knots, Roses, Gira Love
barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #17
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnone View Post
I was just coming on here to ask about my washer/wash routine. I'm glad I saw this thread bc I have a Samsung, too. Mine might be model down bc I know I don't have sanitize cycle.

My dipes are not coming out clean. Poop stains from EBF baby all over. Sometimes the poop stains still look breastmilk Orange and sometimes greenish ( her poop is always the same orangey color, never green). I'm doing the exact same routine I did with our previous washer. It has to be the washer, right?

Sorry to hijack your thread �� I'm so frustrated!
Zombie thread.

It might be worth trying more or different detergent first, but it might be. Do you rinse the poopy diapers first? The OP was rinsing her diapers like crazy then having chunks in her washer.... can't be poop if you didn't put any poop in the washer to begin with - that is washer or lines for sure.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #18
OsweetchildrenO
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Samsung top loading HE as well, purchased in 2013. I'm 3 months into cloth diapering ...my son is exclusively breastfed and I've had absolutely no issues with my wash routine. I toss his diapers directly into the wetbag without rinsing and straight dump them into the washer. I wash on normal wash - I don't even change the temperature of the water, I add a presoak and extra rinse. I use a regular amount of tide powder. No gunk or anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OsweetchildrenO is offline   Reply With Quote