Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #1
Phantomfoodie
Registered Users
seller

Question Side snapping night fitted?

Looking for suggestions for a side snapping overnight diaper for a very very heavy wetter.

My son is 10 weeks, 14 lbs and must have skinny thighs because I have a tough time finding front snap diapers that give a tight fit around his legs without squeezing his waist. He is an extremely heavy wetter who wakes just enough to nurse a couple of times during the night. I don't want to change him because I'm afraid he wouldn't go back to sleep.

Right now he's in Muttaqin hybrids with hemp doublers and double layer, heavily lano-bathed wool interlock soakers at night. This was the only thing that even came close to working. But lately he's been waking with damp clothes.

I've tried sbish OBF which were so rough they chaffed his thighs. They also gapped at the leg. I've tried Bumstoppers hybrids (not absorbent enough), B4s (leg gaps), Crickett's hemp (leg holes are huge), ODC loops (not enough absorbency), etc. We've tried closureless contour types diapers but apparently I'm terrible with a snappi.

So we need an incredibly absorbent, side snapping, natural fibers fitted. Any ideas?

Advertisement

Phantomfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
lapedestrienne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Side snapping night fitted?

Well, Sandy's might fit the bill but you will need doublers most likely.
lapedestrienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
Phantomfoodie
Registered Users
seller

I adore the fit of Sandy's but have to pack a couple of doublers in even for a couple of hours of daytime use. Not sure I could fit enough to work for nighttime. Thank you for the suggestion!!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

I like the sandys with DD for daytime and night. Right now we cheat at night and I put a gdiaper disposable insert in the fitted. It works well (keeps her dry), helps her sleep, provides good stay dry, keeps rashes at bay - I've decided one disposable plastic free insert a day is the lesser evil for now.

She is at the bottom weight for the larges so they are bit big on her, I added a padfold sm flat in one for a car ride recently and it worked great and added very little bulk. It might be worth trying out and seeing if you can find a combination to put in one to work at night.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
madelmom
Registered Users

Muttaquin hybrids are the best I've found so far. Really he probably needs a change if he's still nursing at night. Try changing before nursing so it puts him back to sleep or changing between breasts if you nurse both sides.
madelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
Phantomfoodie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelmom View Post
Muttaquin hybrids are the best I've found so far.
Nooo! They are the best we've found but I was really hoping I just wasn't aware of the good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelmom View Post
Really he probably needs a change if he's still nursing at night.
NNNOOOOOOOO!!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO! I know you're probably right and I'm in denial.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #7
cristeen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just listed a bunch of side-snapping stuff because we had the same problem. Side snaps are really the best solution for skinny legs. What we actually wound up doing at night though was Disana tie nappies when he was little, and then Happy Hempys as he got bigger. With the stay-dry inner, he'd stay dry, but I had to size up and stuff the crap out of them. Topped with wool, it worked up to PL. Nothing else could hold enough - it was like the kid saved up all his pee to release at night.
cristeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #8
kittyhaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would suggest the BabyKicks hemp fitted, with includes a JoeyBunz insert. Very trim, super absorbent, side-snapping and twenty bucks, I think. I was able to get a really good fit around the legs of my skinny toddler.