Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
nb diaper question

I am wanting to make a nb diaper w a velour outer and inner and with 3-4 layers of an internal soaker of sherpa. Would this be absorbent enough or should I add another full body layer? It will be T&T so I wasn't wanting too many layers around the edges if possible. Thanks

tina UC mama of 5!
paper_girl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: nb diaper question

I think 2 body layers and 3 soaker layers of sherpa would be ok for a newborn. another full body layer would make it too bulky I think unless you did the outer body layer sherpa and the inner velour with a 3 layer sherpa soaker.
come see my Recycled Tshirt Toilet seat covers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: nb diaper question

Just remember that as you get more body layers, not only does the t and t seam get bulky, but they'll take forever in the dryer!

If you want to cut down on drying time, I'd suggest making the actual diaper with velour inner and outer, a hidden body layer (of sherpa) to help stabilize the velour and hold the snaps in place, and a small internal soaker of one additional layer of sherpa - kind of hour-glass shape right in the wet zone. Then, do a snap-in soaker that is a two layers of sherpa topped by a layer of velour (if you want the soft velour next to the skin.) If you don't want to have to match up diapers and soakers when doing laundry, you could the stitch the soaker in across the back of the diaper rather than snapping it in.
Mommy to twins Carson and Sasha (3-2004), Alaina (9-2006)and Heidi (9-2008)]
Grand Opening March 31 - Halfpints and Pipsqueaks
Doll Photo Gallery
twinmomkj is offline   Reply With Quote