Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #351
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically, it's Thursday....right?

Lab work is good and stable work

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #352
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MH WONT GO TO SLEEP....Jerry is trying now. She is being super duper crazy and silly
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #353
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

except, I imagine we'd draw eachother's blood in class to examine, and I'm not cool w/ being poked for no reason...

I dont know. I don't think it really makes sense for me to go to school now. I'm just so lost and frustrated
Old 09-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #354
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't imagine putting my boys in a daycare center with people I don't know, and there isn't anyone that I know who could watch them.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #355
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So it looks like we might not be having a brunch date with our friends on Saturday after all. They think that their oldest (who's 2.5) has chicken pox. Why couldn't he have had chicken pox a month ago?? We would have gone over for a pox party! But E has had such a hard time transitioning to school that I really don't want him to get sick right now. Boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
No, because I would feel generally protected in a lab by gloves, eyewear, masks, etc. Nothing in a lab will sneeze on me, puke on me, cough on me. It's germs, but under control.
Ah, I see!

Quote:
I can't imagine putting my boys in a daycare center with people I don't know, and there isn't anyone that I know who could watch them.
That's how I felt when E was little too. I totally understand!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #356
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just popping back in before I head to bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I used to feel like that, but I got over it a long time ago! It's actually going to be weird making some money this fall. Good weird, but weird none the less.
I know with a 3 yr old and a nb I know I'd be fine 'just' staying home, so this feeling is just temporary.

Quote:
Cutting hair doesn't make hardly anything, unless you've been doing it for years and have a big clientele. It doesn't lend itself well to maternity leaves and such, because taking time off like that is a good way to lose clients...
I have a friend who does it at a couple salons, but she also does home visits. Charges a decent amount for a home visit, but gets to keep most of it since she doesn't have to pay any to a salon. Could you do something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
@Adelle- Jay and I had a hellish 1st year of marriage, went through counseling and everything. I stuck with him, mostly because I was preggo with Maya at the time, but am so great full that I did. Well at least most days I am I'm madly in love with DH but I do wonder sometimes what it would be like to be married to someone else. More from a $$ stand point though.
Thanks for your imput I am choosing to stick with him because even though he has made mistakes I do believe God brought us together for a reason. I wouldn't have married him if I didn't believe he was who God had picked out for me. I believe that I'm good for him since I won't settle for his crap, but I also won't leave him and let him stay the way he is. I know working through these issues will help each of us become better people than we would be on our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
For now we will eliminate milk only. the cheese she eats has very little lactose in it. Yogurts natural cultures actually digest lactose. So for now we will start with milk and assume it is lactose like her Dad's. Many Native Americans are lactose intolerant. I also found in reading that Lactose intolerance doesn't often show until 2-5 years old.
I am lactose intolerant but can eat yogurt and cheese fine. I'm also part native, so I guess it makes sense for me to be this way It didn't show until after highschool though for me.

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #357
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I must have a snack and then head to bed. Goodnight lovely ladies Thank you for being there for me today

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #358
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have absolutely no desire to go to people's homes to do their hair. And even if I did, we're back again to the need to build a clientele...
Old 09-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #359
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're headed to bed too. Killed our brains with two episodes of Jersey Shore, and now we need to go to sleep.

Have a good night everyone!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #360
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just get frustrated with Matt. He works hard and has such a good work ethic. I just wish he would put that energy toward a job that 1) paid him better for his hard work and 2) cared that he works hard. Pretty much everyone that he works with slacks of big time and gets away with because nobody cares, it's not in dh to be a slacker so he picks up everyone else's slack and gets nothing for it, not even appreciation. And for some reason, this doesn't bother him.