Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #131
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Re: May babies 2/20-2/26

I'm 30 weeks, ya'll! It seems nuts....DH is painting the nursery today!!! I'm super excited to get in there and get stuff ready. I will feel so much better to have the crib set up and the clothes neatly in the little drawers.

Advertisement

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #132
LittleClaraLove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My belly button hasn't ever popped. I think it has a lot to do with ethnicity.

So one of our local kids resale stores had a Fill A Bag for $10 sale yesterday and I hit the jackpot. I got a pair of Ann Taylor maternity jeans thar fit perfectly, 6 pair of pants/shorts and 8 shirts for Gideon; and 5 dresses, 2 skirts and 4 shirts for Clara. All for $20 in two bags. And then I went to goodwill for half off day and found 3 nwt TCP button-downs for $1 each, and Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones book, new with the patterns, for another dollar. It was a really great day.
LittleClaraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #133
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow.. score for you on the shopping stuff....
I'm getting ready to finish up some diapers that are sitting waiting to be sewn and finished... I started at the beginning of the week then got busy on other things and I keep saying I'll get back to it... well school starts tomorrow and I get NOTHING done in the evenings after school -- lucky if I get dinner on the table and kids bathed... This week will be rough too cuase DH will be doing feildwork and will be busy and not home till bedtime and out of the house before we are up and moving... so yeah... its gonna royally suck..... I forsee a lot of easy foods this week...
Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #134
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

My belly button was flat for weeks and now usually sticks out.

I think today I am going to stay home and clean and try to send dp to the grocery store with dd.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #135
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have to get to the grocery or Target sometime today too... just to get lunch packing stuff for this week... need snackies and that kinda stuff to pack but its hard for me to tell DH what to get cuase I can't remember till I see it LOL... I also have some coupons at Target for some baby stuff so I'll get some of that too....

I finished up 3 of my 7 diapers... and the others only need soakers to be cut and sewn... but I'm like sooooo out of snaps... so I"m annoyed that the little snap in the back may or may not match... GRRR! Maybe I'll just leave that off till I order some more snaps! and I realized one looks so much bigger than the others -- yeah.. forgot the back elastic... duh!!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #136
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

I need to make a shopping list so we can go to the grocery store sometime this week. But that means I have to plan a menu and I stink at that!

So dh brought up in Sunday School today (I was working in nursery) that we cloth diaper. Another woman in there said that she used to cd too but her husband made her quit because it was just too gross. Hmm...it seems to me like they're thinking about having another baby so if they do I'm totally gonna try to get her back into cding.

I am exhausted! I was in my dd's nursery class today (1 year to 18ish or 20ish months) and I am EXHAUSTED!! We had 11 kids. Initially it was just me and an eleven year old helper who had never done anything with a baby. I had four babies who were hysterical. fortunately the nursery coordinator noticed and got me an adult helper, but she ended up having to walk two of the crying babies up and down the halls, so it was essentially me and nine kids - 2 of who were crying on and off the whole time, while listening to an 11 year old talk. Oh and among the nine kids were 2 sets of twins!! I survived but I am worn out! Plus, dd didn't like me holding everyone else and not her so she was whiney too. Sheesh.
I don't mind serving in nursery at all and I'm happy I get to, but today it feels like I ran a marathon! Hah!
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #137
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePatootiesMama View Post
I need to make a shopping list so we can go to the grocery store sometime this week. But that means I have to plan a menu and I stink at that!

So dh brought up in Sunday School today (I was working in nursery) that we cloth diaper. Another woman in there said that she used to cd too but her husband made her quit because it was just too gross. Hmm...it seems to me like they're thinking about having another baby so if they do I'm totally gonna try to get her back into cding.

I am exhausted! I was in my dd's nursery class today (1 year to 18ish or 20ish months) and I am EXHAUSTED!! We had 11 kids. Initially it was just me and an eleven year old helper who had never done anything with a baby. I had four babies who were hysterical. fortunately the nursery coordinator noticed and got me an adult helper, but she ended up having to walk two of the crying babies up and down the halls, so it was essentially me and nine kids - 2 of who were crying on and off the whole time, while listening to an 11 year old talk. Oh and among the nine kids were 2 sets of twins!! I survived but I am worn out! Plus, dd didn't like me holding everyone else and not her so she was whiney too. Sheesh.
I don't mind serving in nursery at all and I'm happy I get to, but today it feels like I ran a marathon! Hah!
I still can't believe they only have 1 adult for that many kids. If I were one of the parents, I wouldn't leave my child in the situation, I'd stay and help. Sounds like your nursery program needs an announcement in service and more volunteers. Our church has a screen/projector, so once they took pictures of all the babies and showed them while asking for more nursery workers. It was cute and got the word out.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #138
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I don't know what was going on! Usually there are plenty of helpers for all of the kids, but today was just crazy. Also there were a few more kids than there usually are in the class. All I can figure is that there were a lot of people out sick. Usually our coordinator would have been back by a few times to check in too, and I never saw her after she brought me another helper so I'm guessing it was a crazy day for everyone. Our children's ministry usually has a few hundred kids on an average Sunday, so it does take a lot of hands but they do usually have it down better than they did today. I'm just hoping next time is more calm because my back has been messed up all day from lifting so many kids! I know they definitely need some more helpers, and have made announcements about it, but it's crazy how hard it is to get people to help. My family is in the ministry so I totally know what it's like. The picture of all the kids is a great idea!!
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote