Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #11
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How did you choose a pediatrician?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Yeah, see, I need someone who lives around here to tell me which doctors they love.

Chirpy is right, this doctor is nice, but I have no attachment to her. I don't love her.

I feel like they must have bathrooms for urine samples, but maybe only in the back?

I live in the city, so although I currently drive 5 min to the doctor, I would be ok with going farther. This convenience is nice but I know there are probably plenty of other great doctors only slightly farther away. I just don't know HOW to find them.
Ask around. I would start with church people or people with a similar style/belief as you. Ask who they use, what they think of them, and why. You'll figure out who to avoid and maybe find a better fit for you.

Took a kiddo to the ENT today. I hate that doctor's office at least as much as I love my own. I get SO frustrated every time we go in there. I will be so glad when I have the ability to change offices.

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

We use family Doctors (instead of peds) and I've been happy with them. Our first one, I interviewed him before deciding on going with him. Made sure we liked him (the office did think it was werid btw). Since then (we moved), I've just choosen one. I think we very been lucky. When dr#2, was leaving they area, I asked her about her replacement. She actually let me know that she didn't think we would be happy with the replacement, so we switched practices. Then next place they had a great web site with lots of information about the drs and even videos/interviews. I choose from there and have been happy.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-24-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #13
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you don't have local mom friends, you could just google what practices are nearby, then read up on their policies and such and reviews, then look at individual doctors within a practice that suits you.

I originally asked my midwives for their recommendations. Later went with ped who followed up with my newborns after jaundice discharges, switching once but going back to that one after the second one relocated, and am very happy with him.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #14
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, our doctor is a general practitioner, not an actual pediatrician. There are no pediatricians in our area that I'm aware of, but even if there were I think a GP suits our needs just as well.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:58 AM   #15
cresto82
Registered Users

For me, it was through a recommendation of a family friend. They also had her as their kid's pedia and she turned out to be really good!
cresto82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #16
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Wow,I forgot about GPs. I should totally look into one of those! All right, I'll do some research and reading.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:16 PM   #17
abh5e8
Registered Users

You might want to look for a family practice doctor. They will see all ages. That is who we go to and we love her. She is good to refer when needed, but she can easily handle all routine things.