Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
emconigs
Registered Users
seller

Thrifty with Tide

Tide is my weakness.... Nothing else seems to work as well. So help me thrifty mammas! How can I get Tide the cheapest? Coupons? Online? We have a costco close to us, but not a membership. Would it be worth it? Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks!!

Advertisement

emconigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I get the best price when I have a coupon and Kroger has a sale. I only use it for diapers now so I only need a box every 2.5 months or so.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

When I buy it I want until.my store has tide 100oz on sale then combine coupons with buy $30 worth of pg products get $10 off instantly or gc depending on sale. It seems the best deal around here. I'm not impressed with new tide so I make my own for fraction of sale cost now but that's how I do it.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thrifty with Tide

I buy it on sale at the local grocery stores. They will have sale price of $9.99 for 100 ozs and I try to have a coupon too. Sometimes Harris Teeter will have 50 oz for $3.97 but they have a limit of 2. We have pretty nasty well water and Tide is the best detergent to get our clothes clean without spots.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
tokidokikashikoi
Registered Users
seller

I am a Tide fangirl too! I think from what I've seen the 100oz with coupons or other deals is usually the cheapest, you don't get a huge break buying in bulk. Sometimes I alternate a small bottle of store brand tide knockoff with Tide as the small bottle is used up before my clothes start to suffer and it works pretty well. Another way to be thrifty with it is to use less. If 2 tablespoons of soap can get diapers clean, you can't really need any more to clean clothes! I use about half the recommended amount per load but I used to use less and I felt like my clothes were cleaner (less buildup).
tokidokikashikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I saw this on hillbilly house wife. Use 1/2 amount and a squirt of Dawn. I started this and can NOT tell the difference. You could try it to ease your conscience :-)
Old 04-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:
Also, cut back on how much you use. I'm not a Tide user, but I've found that with most laundry and dish deturgents you can use as little as half the recommended amount and still have everything super clean. With some products I can use even less. Our laundry detergent lasts for easily 3-5 times as many loads as the package claims and I still have clean clothes. It's made a massive difference in how much we spend. I'd cut it back even more if I could manage, but I can't seem to measure out a smaller amount. I've tested how much is right by running a second wash with no soap, like stripping diapers, and seeing how much suds still rinses out. My doctor recommended it years ago to minimize laundry soap allergies and it's worked out great for us since. Actually, Tide was the reasin I started doing that in the first place! I react to Tide the worst.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually think Tide IS thrifty... because your clothes are cared for really well and last longer

Anyways - i just shop sales.... i am ideally looking for sub 15cents per load and try to stock up then.... if there are no sales then i will buy a small amount at 16 to 18 cents per load. I dont know about costco but samsclub often does "all member instant savings" which means they have automatic coupons/discounts for all members on certain items. tide is almost always one of those items. it runs about 16cents per load when they do that sale. the local grocer here about once or twice per year does $5 small bottles..... but where i mainly buy is on clearance at target.... i can usually stalk it and snag it for 30/50 percent off when they change out the "scent" or "packaging" they are carrying.....
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
emconigs
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! So what is the average cost you pay and feel good about? One PP said .15 per load. Does that seem right to others or do you have a different number you aim for?
emconigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

I say between .10-.12 right now amazon you can get it for about that with prime and a coupon.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote