Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
ColbyCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: naperica
seller
seller

My Mood:
thoughts on Essure...

what are your thoughts on the Essure method of sterilization?

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Lousli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: thoughts on Essure...

I'm thinking about this too and would love to hear input!
Old 11-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
Lindobebe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am also thinking of this I go in to talk to my Dra about birth control next week my 3rd baby is 9 weeks old and we are not planing on another and DH does NOT want a V he was all good with getting it but then went to talk to a Dra about it and she talked him out of it I was so very disappointed she figured I should just do birth control whatever for I am upset with that Dra
Old 11-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband and I have talked about whether or not we want more children. I've already told him I don't want anything else done to my body, and when sterilization methods are performed on a woman, it's always more invasive and the risks higher because her reproductive system are on the inside of her body. It's a much simpler process for the man and I believe the risks are fewer (but don't quote me on it).

I briefly looked into the Essure method, and I think it important to note the risks stated on the FDA's website. Yikes!

The idea of putting something foreign like that into my body freaks me out. I wouldn't do it.
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I looked into the Essure method alot and was really excited about it at one point but really the thing that was the most frustrating is that I was reading that if it doesn't take in one or both sides there is nothing that can be done to fix it, short of surgery to have them removed and tubes tied anyway. So you could have it done, one doesn't block completely and have to use birth control anyway if you don't want evasive surgery. (note that my research was about 3-4 years ago)

I think you should give your DS time and them approach the V again. My husband had it done almost 3 years ago with no issues. It was the "one stitch method" where he literally got one stitch. It was an out patient procedure. Maybe a little weird but his Dr is really well known our area (S NH) for being the best at this. My DH knows several men in the area that has has a great experience with him. I know it's a little far for you but not impossible if you are in RI. His name is Jonathon Kilroy ( link)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-09-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote